The Admin Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Serving as the main point of contact for the Stratford Upon Avon Office.
- Answering calls and correspondences. Owning the Reception telephone line mailbox as well as other receptionist duties.
- Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for department managers and/ or staff.
- Perform word-processing assignments, proofread, and research and compile special reports.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, graphs, and presentations using spreadsheet, graphic software, and/ or database applications.
- Required to set up and maintain files.
- Liaising with the Royal Mail to start and stop deliveries as required.
- Collection of mail, and distribute/scan to the relevant individuals.
- Take delivery of parcels and arrange couriers as required.
- Maintain the franking machine.
- Maintaining office facilities, supplies and kitchen supplies.
- Welcoming visitors to the building and showing them to meetings.
- Notifying appropriate people that a visitor has arrived to see them.
- Assisting with room bookings, lunch arrangements and travel arrangements.
- Processing purchase orders, invoices, tracking receipts, inputting expenses and other basic bookkeeping tasks as needed.
- Any other office related task as required i.e. office health and safety.
The Admin Assistant should have a minimum of one or two years of experience working in an office-based role.
Mandatory Skills and Behaviours:
The Admin Assistant must:
- Have excellent, strong administration skills.
- Have good knowledge of MS Office particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have excellent standard of written and verbal English.
- Have the ability to establish effective relationships.
- Have the ability to use initiative.
- Have the ability to self-manage own workload.
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Consistently deliver in line with expectations and commitments – meeting or exceeding agreed standards.
- Displays enthusiasm to broaden own experience, knowledge and skills which are also shared openly with the wider HR team.
Desirable Skills and Behaviours
The following skills are desirable:
- Displays confidence and has an inquisitive manner.
- Displays an openness to new ideas and different ways of working.
Communications and working relationships
- Ability to interact and co-operate with all colleagues at all levels.
- Maintain professional internal relationships.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with adjacent departments and associated companies.
- Effectively communicate and support other members within the post holder’s team.
- This role involves working with and managing the relationships with external suppliers and agencies, partners and customers.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org