Our Commitment to Environmental, Social and Governance.
As a technology business supporting the NHS, Social Care and Education markets, we want to take care of our people, our communities and our environment.
We recognise that our greatest influence on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) is achieved through the development of transformative technology for our customers, adding social value with our people and alongside our communities, and responsibly reducing our carbon footprint.
As part of our commitment to society, our people and the environment, System C completes a thorough assessment of its business sustainability practices every year through EcoVadis, the global standard for business sustainability ratings. The EcoVadis assessment includes 32 sustainability criteria across four core themes: Environment, Labour & Human Rights, Ethics and Sustainability Procurement. In our latest rating, we earned a Silver Medal and scored 59/100, which places System C in the top 25% of global businesses.
As a technology business, supporting the NHS, Social Care and Education markets, we strive to improve our impact on the environment, our communities, and the economy to make people’s lives better and preserve our planet.
We recognise the importance of making a full and lasting commitment to reducing the greenhouse gas emissions from our activities, in support of the wider commitment of the world to limit global temperature increases and the impact on the planet. System C is a signatory member of the Network Net Zero community. We made a pledge to the Race to Zero via the Network Net Zero Community on 6th June 2022.
This is an ongoing journey, here's a snapshot of what we've achieved so far:
- We've completed an ESG Materiality Assessment to help us identify our strengths and where we can make improvements across our ESG pillars
- We've submitted our Carbon Reduction Plan in line with Net Zero targets
- We've signed up to the principals of the Schneider Electric GHG Programme and we're under way with baselining our scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions to enable us to set our SBTi targets
- We are committed to completing the NHS Evergreen Sustainable Supplier Assessment in March 2024
Governance, Clinical Safety, Data Privacy and Risk Management is at the core of System C and is at the heart of everything we do. Robust governance underpins the clinical safety of our products and services, data governance ensures our client records are secure and corporate governance provides policies and procedures for best practice in how we operate.
Here's what we do:
- We publish our Gender and Ethnicity Pay Gaps and take active steps to close any inequalities
- We publish our Modern Slavery Policy in line with UK Government legislation
- We ensure that our procurement and contracting processes support our ESG strategy
System C is committed to improving healthcare for UK citizens through our products and our cloud technology.
We strongly believe in our responsibility to deliver positive impacts to our people and wider communities through our social value initiatives.
Here’s what we do:
- We've published our Social Value Impact Statement
- We consciously donate to charities that mean something to us
- We sponsor the Florence Nightingale Foundation Trust