Purpose of the Role:
The Agile SQL Developer will be involved in the design and development of databases as well as assisting in the assessment and implementation of new database technologies.
In addition, the post holder will be responsible for providing technical support to ensure the effective and efficient running of databases in all environments as well as provide incident and on-call support to our customers and deployment teams.
The post holder will work with our multi-skilled Agile Development teams. They will perform a critical role in the ongoing development of our core products by providing expertise on the back-end data tier which includes the efficient access and storage of application data. This includes schema design, stored procedure development and tuning, knowledge of storage patterns and helping to guide the development teams on best practices for managing application data.
It is of utmost importance that all database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The post holder is challenged to work with the design and development teams to help develop 'world class' products that meet the company's current and future business objectives.
Working within the Healthcare IT industry, we need to maintain fully operational systems on a permanent basis. With this in mind, our teams are required to develop highly secure, performant and robust systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong SQL and database development skills
- Understanding of data architecture theory
- Database Tuning and Query Optimization
- Database Security
- Good Understanding of Relational Databases
- MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development certification / equivalent
- SQL Server 2012 and/or 2014 exposure
- Familiarity with C# development practices and skills
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server / Git
- Familiarity with cloud technologies
- Database Administration including installs/backup/restore/replication
- A proven track record in investigating and resolving complex issues
- Experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and practical understanding of SQL, including optimisation strategies, development and data architecture best practices
- Experience of both support and new development projects
- Analysing and resolving complex database related issues
- Experience in troubleshooting problem queries
- Database performance monitoring
- A minimum of 3 years recent experience of Microsoft SQL Server as a SQL developer or DBA
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Must be self-motivated and have a keen attention to detail
- Strong logical and analytical thinker
- Strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org