Senior Web Developer
As a Senior Web developer, you will develop innovative software that’s revolutionising healthcare and helping the NHS deliver digital transformation. Through our market leading IT solutions, we are uniquely placed to deliver the government vision of a modern model of integrated care. The work you’ll do will make a real difference to patient care across the UK.
You’ll work in an Agile development team focussed on adding new functionality to the web app alongside product maintenance and improvements.
- Contribute to development effort as a hands-on developer within a front end team that consists of Web, iOS and Android developers.
- Ensure code reviews and unit testing are completed, and that these are consistently following departmental guidelines. Where no formal guidelines exist, work with peers to formulate and enforce such guidelines.
- Timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required, reporting risks and issues as they arise.
- Triage assigned software defects. Ensure that work on defect resolution does not impact on agreed product deliverables, reporting to Product Owner/Scrum Master where resolution will require renegotiation of deliverable dates for other tasks.
- Keep up to date with technology trends and how they apply to your area. Put forward suggestions for improvement to development processes or tools where applicable.
- Achieve agreed productivity targets in order to ensure tasks are delivered to schedule, reporting as early as possible to Product Owner/Scrum Master where deliverables cannot be met.
- Develop product expertise such that you can act as the go to expert from a development perspective.
- Any other activities in support of the business which can reasonably be expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee.
Education & Experience
Whilst it is accepted that the individual education and experience profile for Senior Developers will vary, the following is provided as a guideline:
- BSC or equivalent in a software engineering discipline.
- Professional qualifications appropriate to software engineering roles.
- Significant development experience with excellent software engineering skills and specialist knowledge in several technical areas.
- Good communication skills enabling positive collaboration with functions outside development.
- Experience managing multiple internal stakeholders.
- Experience of formal software development methodologies.
- Good understanding of principles, theories, practices and techniques for leading activities involved in planning and delivering software development projects.
- Domain or Product expertise in multiple key areas associated with the role is strongly preferred. As a minimum requirement, must be able to demonstrate the ability to rapidly develop this level of expertise.
Whilst it is accepted that the individual technical skillsets for Developers will vary, the following is provided as a guideline:
Applicants need to have experience in:
- Familiar with modern front end web technologies – VueJS, Webpack, Babel etc.
- Maintaining and supporting legacy code bases
- Writing front end unit tests – using Jest for example
- A good understanding of CICD and exposure to Teamcity, Octopus deploy or similar
- Consuming REST APIs to develop data driven applications
- Working in a serverless cloud-based environment
- Working within a microservice architecture for interacting with API’s produced by multiple areas of the business
- Developing views based on UI/UX wireframes – ability to translate, contribute to and interpret design requirements
- Knowledge of analytics tools such as App Insights
- Source control tools such as git-based development environments
- Working within an Agile development environment
- Experience with tools associated to agile development such as Jira, Confluence
- Working with several different file formats including JSON
In addition; familiarity with any of the following would be favourable:
- Windows Azure
- Investigate .Net
- Service orientated architecture
- Infrastructure as a service
- Continuous integration & automated testing
- An understanding of C# .Net development
- Experience developing public facing Web Based APIs
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org