As a Lead Developer you will be the technical authority for your module(s) by guiding and steering your team to delivering relevant technical solutions based on good software engineering principles, best practices and your knowledge and experience.
Under the guidance of the System, Enterprise and Software Architects, you will help establish the technical vision for your area and work with the rest of the team to turn it into reality.
You will lead by example and challenge your team to do better by motivating them to deliver high quality code that is bug free, effective, robust and performant.
- Provide technical leadership to your colleagues ensuring software is designed developed and unit tested according to good software engineering principles.
- Develop product expertise in your areas of responsibility such that you can act as the go to expert from a development perspective for multiple areas of the product set.
- With Product Owner/Scrum Master, collaborate with design and product management to define new and extended product functionality, assessing technical risks and dependencies.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Solution Architect functions to produce high level estimates of development effort for planned development activities, and refine these estimates as additional detail becomes available.
- Ensure the architectural integrity of the system is maintained in-line with the System Cs architecture and UX standards
- Influence colleagues in Product Management on areas of potential product improvements.
- Coach individual team members as required to drive up delivery capabilities.
- Contribute to development effort as a hands-on developer within your team.
- Keep abreast of technology trends and how they apply to your area. Put forward suggestions for improvement to development processes or tools where applicable.
- Any other activities in support of the business which can reasonably be expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee.
- BSC or equivalent in a software engineering discipline.
- Professional qualifications appropriate to software engineering roles.
Whilst it is accepted that the individual education and experience profile for Senior/Lead Developers will vary, the following is provided as a guideline:
- Significant development experience with excellent software engineering skills and specialist knowledge in several technical areas.
- Good communication skills enabling positive collaboration with functions outside development.
- Ability to provide leadership to a small team, giving appropriate technical guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Experience of formal software development methodologies.
- Sound understanding of principles, theories, practices and techniques for leading activities involved in planning and delivering software development projects.
- Domain or Product expertise in multiple key areas associated with the role is strongly preferred. As a minimum requirement, demonstrable ability to rapidly develop this level of expertise from previous roles is a must.
- Experience in developing and delivering a large-scale project organised around a cloud-based architecture
- Ability to analyse cloud solutions and devise appropriate architectural strategies
- In-depth understanding of microservice architecture, and the creation and consumption of RESTful APIs.
- In-depth understanding of cloud-based development and deployment, with particular regard to Microsoft Azure, including technologies such as Cosmos DB, Service Fabric, Logic Functions, Azure Search Index, Service Bus and Event Grid.
- Experience developing APIs
- Strong experience with cloud technologies ideally (Microsoft Azure including, SQL Azure, App Services, Service Bus, Azure Functions, Azure Storage)
- C# .Net development
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com