To be agreed
We are a software development company that provides solutions to the healthcare market and we are seeking a talented individual to join our development team as an automation tester.
The successful candidate will be working with our development team which practices agile development and will be responsible for helping to automate and test new features and maintain existing tests to ensure high quality of our core product which is used by healthcare organisations throughout the UK.
The person we are looking for will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of our automated tests, utilising their strong development skills in Java and Selenium WebDriver. The automated tester will provide testing expertise and framework skills across web, mobile and database platforms. As a key member of the team you would be expected to work closely with stakeholders across the business, mentor more junior colleagues, and improve overall testing practices across the business.
- Create Automated tests Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Java (minimum 3 years’ experience).
- Maintain and enhance existing automated test plans / scripts.
- Good understanding of TestNG
- Good understanding of Page Object Model with Page Factory
- Good understanding of Maven
- Experience of using Continuous Integration Tools such as TeamCity.
- Experience of Automating Mobile Applications on iOS and Android.
- Experience of Manual API testing and volume and performance testing
- Experience of Automated API testing using the Rest Assured library
- Hands on experience with InteliJ IDE
- Create/modify test data using SQL
- Perform accurate manual Functional, Non-Functional, System Testing and Regression tests.
- Document, investigate and log any errors during test execution and work closely with developers in resolving defects.
- Design comprehensive test cases and scripts from business rules/functional requirements.
- Update and maintain manual regression test script packages.
- Contribute to continually improving test processes and techniques.
- Exposure to testing within the IT health sector (desirable).
- A strong focus on quality with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to demonstrate a dynamic and enthusiastic approach to software testing.
- Able to take the point of view of the customer or end-user of the software.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to communicate to technical (development team) and non-technical (management team) people in the organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and diplomacy.
- Good judgement skills.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions.
- Positively influence fellow team members.
- Ability to understand the software development process lifecycle and how it fits in with the business approach and goals of the business.
- Has a desire to learn new skills and further enhance in the field of testing.
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification
- Computing/IT related Bachelor’s Degree (desirable)
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com