Population Health Consultant
Homebased – with travel to customer sites
Graphnet Health are seeking a Population Health Consultant to lead Population Health Analytics projects. The role is permanent and will expand the Population Health Analytics team in supporting a wide range of health and care organisations in improving the health of their populations. The current worldwide pandemic has proved that utilising timely data and insight can help save lives. Our analytical solutions involve direct care decision support and case finding / monitoring programmes such as virtual wards and care at home. The Population health analytics team works at the forefront of the exciting transformation agenda within health and care, delivering population analytics solutions that allow health and care organisations to plan health and care services based on the true needs of their populations.
Our team are highly experienced and passionate about Population Health; using technology to help improve the health and care of the nation. This role provides the successful candidate the chance to directly influence Population Health Analytics programmes covering 18 million of the UK population.
This is a very senior role which guides, influences, and supports customers implementing Graphnet Population Analytics solutions into a multitude of stakeholder organisations. It involves working closely with Data Analysts team who create the visualisations utilised by customers.
The ideal candidate would have a combination of in-depth NHS / Social Care domain knowledge, customer facing skills and a good analytical mind.
- Leading customer projects to implement the CareCentric Population Health product into health and care organisations.
- Support, advise and influence stakeholder organisations in the use of population health analytics.
- Engage with key senior stakeholders such as medical professionals, NHS commissioners, Informatics leads, service managers and transformation leads across health and Care organisations.
- Design analytics solutions for use cases which solve problems or provide evidence to enable planning or transformation programmes to be data driven.
- Managing the life cycle of an analytics use case from concept to go live. Includes using analytics for business as usual use, operational use, service redesign, business planning and change.
- Work with customers to create meaningful case studies which showcase examples of good practice in health and care organisations where Graphnet CareCentric Population health has been implemented.
- Support customers in the realisation of benefits from use of population health analytics.
- Work with the Graphnet population health development team and analysts to tailor the product and reporting to an organisation’s needs.
- Perform population health analytics software demonstrations to potential customers as required.
- Train and coach end users in the use of the tools.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Experience of working at a senior level within NHS, Public Health, Social Care or Analytics consultancy.
- At least 3 years’ experience of engaging with all level stakeholders across the health and care community such as medical directors, GP's, nurses, practice managers, health and care directors, public health, NHS and care managers as well as IT professionals and analysts.
- Evidence of supporting and influencing organisations and stakeholders in the use and implementation of analytics within a health and care organisation.
- Experience of managing and delivering IT software projects or product implementations within the NHS or Social Care.
- Good knowledge of the Health and Care domain including policy, data flows and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following Primary care, Secondary Care, Community, Mental Health, Social Care, Council, Public Health systems and data.
- Knowledge of Information Governance rules, GDPR and requirements within Health and Care.
- Experience of integrating software use into business processes.
- Knowledge in the use and application of risk stratification, population segmentation, modelling, statistics and data science
- Experience with supporting users in using software to evaluate health and care programmes.
- Experience of working alongside a technical development team with the ability to interpret end user needs into a deliverable specification that development teams can deliver on.
- Good knowledge of NHS data sets and informatics currencies covering GP data sets, Acute data sets including SUS data, Community, Mental Health and Social Care.
- Hands on experience of using Microsoft Power BI or other equivalent analytics tools
- Experience of using SQL server or a good understanding of database technology
- Experience of testing software
- Experience of training and coaching end users in the use of software.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related subject (desirable)
- Passionate and enthusiastic about your craft with a love of sharing knowledge
- Analytical, data-oriented with a sharp eye for detail
- Ability to work through problems, identify and implement robust solutions quickly and independently
- Ability to positively influence fellow team members
- Aptitude to quickly grasp new concepts and information
- Methodical and thorough approach to problem solving
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org