CareCentric – shared care record system
CareCentric record-sharing solutions are designed exclusively for health and social care. They can either be used within individual provider organisations, or to integrate health and social care services across entire care communities.
Our solutions include record sharing, electronic workflows and event-driven cross-community care co-ordination, clinical dashboards and citizen portals.
They can also be combined with remote monitoring, alerting, condition specific apps and wearable devices.
This combination of technology is being used to support the radical redesign of services, providing a new model of clinician/patient interaction and improved levels of support and care to people with complex and long-term conditions.
The shared care record combines detailed information from acute hospitals, mental health and community organisations, GP practices and social care into a single electronic patient record.
This information is available to clinicians and care professionals across a care community - in real-time, at the point of care, on smartphones, desktops and tablets.
The software can be embedded in third party systems, such as a GP system or EPR. Other systems, such as PACS or EDMS, can also be called from within CareCentric.
There are four maturity levels of shared care records, from a foundation-level shared care record to a full-scale population health management system. CareCentric supports all four of them.
Level 1: Sharing information
The CareCentric shared care record combines data from local systems to create a single care record. An entry-level system might allow primary care and acute clinicians to view each other’s records, while a full shared care record combines records from multiple types of organisation and across care settings within a designated community.
Level 2: Care planning support
The shared record supports the collection and update of community-wide assessment, event-driven alerting, task management, referral, secure instant messaging, workflow and care planning applications – to deliver integrated, patient-centric care. Patient registers can be created using risk stratification or manual assignment.
Level 3: Patient access and engagement
Patients are engaged in their own health through the myCareCentric Patient Portal. They are able to self-monitor using wearables and telehealth devices and interact directly with clinicians in real-time to improve the management of their condition.
Level 4: Population health management
Our dedicated BI module allows for the analysis of aggregated detailed patient data gathered from across a care community, using risk stratification and other tools. This can be provided anonymised, pseudonymised or in plain form according to data sharing agreements.
Facilities include activity dashboards which can present activity levels in various providers, so that the impact of changes in care patterns can be assessed. Similarly, population health reports can monitor improvements and deterioration in the health of the citizens in a care community.
The benefits of CareCentric
- Reduced length of stay
- Reduced A&E attendances
- Fewer emergency admissions
- Reduced repeat tests
- Integrated, unified, single view of clinical data
- Improved medication and prescription management Improved communication and access to information – no need for patient to keep providing the same information
- A reduction in the need for, and use of, paper
- Enabling citizen access and participation in their care
- New models of clinician/patient interaction – scheduled according to need rather than pre-arranged clinic appointments
- Better outcomes for patients
CareCentric supports key government initiatives such as:
- The transformation of services to provide the new models of care envisaged in the ‘Five Year Forward View’
- Integrating health and social care records
- Sharing information across organisations and settings, breaking down barriers between GPs and hospitals, physical and mental health, health and social care
- Electronic access to the patient record at the point of care
- Patient accessible records to encourage patient engagement in their health and care
We are the No. 1 supplier in shared care records with some 49 CCGs using CareCentric shared record solutions deployed in their area.
For further information, visit www.graphnethealth.com.