Our Care Planning solution allows electronic care plans to be created and tailored to patient needs and supports staff to record care, as defined by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN). It helps with planning the care in a holistic and collaborative manner, using agreed local and national guidelines to ensure patient care is optimized.
The module helps users and patients to identify, manage and prepare a suitable plan to reach desired outcomes, be they personal or defined by admission. It ensures that a patient gets the same standard, quality and accuracy of care regardless of which members of the staff are on duty. As a ‘living document’ it encourages multidisciplinary engagement with the patient and creates a timeline of activity which is easy to review, edit and navigate.
A patient’s care plan is developed using a template, focusing on the essentials of care including nutrition, mobility, sleeping, tissue viability, falls prevention, psychological needs, recording of clinical interventions, communication and sexuality. Its flexibility allows for additional needs, goals and activities to be developed collaboratively with the patient, ensuring the care given is tailored to the person.
Care Planning seamlessly integrates with other solutions and user base. It reduces the need for information being recorded on paper and makes it much easier to track the status of a plan as it develops.
- Improved patient safety
- Improved clinical outcomes and patient experience
- Improved patient flow and financial performance
- Improved information sharing and care co-ordination
- Improved continuity of care across health communities
- Improved management of resources
- Supports an organisation to standardise care delivery and follow best practice.
- Enables efficient working through integration of data and other modules.
- Supports seamless sharing and actioning of care plans across multiple platforms and devices.
The whole ethos behind its development was to make each care plan truly bespoke to each patient, therefore ensuring maximum patient safety in terms of the nursing care delivered, while maintaining gold standard documentation. We are fiercely proud of the resulting product and our nurses find the system intuitive and easy to use. Although it is early days, we are already seeing the documentation/safety tool compliance benefits.
Claire Grant, Chief Nursing Information Officer, Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust