Our care planning solution allows electronic care plans to be created and tailored to patient needs and supports staff to record care. It helps with planning care in a holistic and collaborative manner, using agreed local and national guidelines, in conjunction with NICE, the Nursing & Midwifery Council and NHS Digital, to ensure patient care is optimised.
The module helps users and patients to identify, manage and prepare a suitable plan to reach desired outcomes, be they personal or defined by admission. It ensures that a patient gets the same standard, quality and accuracy of care regardless of which members of the staff are on duty. As a ‘living document’ it encourages multidisciplinary engagement with the patient and creates a timeline of activity which is easy to review, edit and navigate.
A patient’s care plan is developed using a template, focusing on the essentials of care including nutrition, mobility, sleeping, tissue viability, falls prevention, psychological needs, recording of clinical interventions, communication and sexuality. Its flexibility allows for additional needs, goals and activities to be developed collaboratively with the patient, ensuring the care given is tailored to the person.
Care planning seamlessly integrates with other solutions and user base. It reduces the need for information being recorded on paper and makes it much easier to track the status of a plan as it develops.
The flexibility of CareFlow care planning is a major benefit. As nursing practice develops and expands nationally and locally, we know we can adapt our version to instantly reflect changes, making our care plans future proof.
Chief Nursing Information Officer, Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Improved patient safety
- Improved clinical outcomes and patient experience
- Improved patient flow and financial performance
- Improved information sharing and care co-ordination
- Improved continuity of care across health communities
- Improved management of resources
- Allows and encourages wider multi-disciplinary teams to get involved in the care plan
- Supports an organisation to standardise care delivery and follow best practice
- Enables efficient working through integration of data and other modules
- Supports seamless sharing and actioning of care plans across multiple platforms and devices
- Releases nurses' time to care