Software Engineer (DevOps) - CareFlow
Careflow is one of the first companies in the world to bring the power of cloud, mobile and social networking to healthcare organisations. We make products that change how and when communication happens within healthcare, improving efficiency and ultimately saving lives. Most of our customers are NHS hospitals where our technology provides real time delivery of clinical information to care teams and then enables instant conversation, leading to faster treatment.
By taking the best of social networking principles, modern development practices and the latest technologies such as cloud computing, Careflow is changing how people think about software development in health.
We genuinely care about the products we make because we know that patients and healthcare professionals depend upon them.
In this unique role, we are looking for support to progress our varied delivery agenda. This includes work to build, improve, integrate and automate our Azure hosted infrastructure, and the services hosted in it. We’re looking for someone who is technically brilliant as well as a great problem solver with the ability to learn new skills quickly. The role is varied, but here’s a flavour of what you can expecting to be doing:
- Writing code to automate our processes, APIs, build pipeline and infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting performance issues is our Azure environments
- Implementing (and thinking of) procedures to make our environment more cost effectively
- Helping to integrate our application with other internal and external systems
- Develop and manage the delivery pipeline.
- Being part of our support rota
What it's like working here
We have a close knit, collaborative culture, where individuals can make a real difference to our organisation. We work hard because we really care about our products and their impact on our customers.
There are job roles but not barriers. Anyone can have their say. We both challenge one each other and treat one another with respect. We challenge ourselves too.
We value people who speak up. We like people who banter and can laugh at themselves. We often head out together for lunch on a Friday afternoon.
We respect your home life and will stretch to accommodate your appointments and family routine. We will treat you as an adult and support you as an employee. We hope that people will stay with us because they like working here.
What we need from you
In short, we are looking for someone who is highly technical, as well as being a creative problem solver and excellent communicator.
We’re looking for a person, not a shopping list, however typically, the experience/ skills we’re looking for would include:
- Previous, software development experience with strong coding skills in .NET
- Strong investigation, problem solving and analysis skills
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Delivery environments (and the products that support them, e.g. TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, or similar)
- Good understanding of agile practices
- Good SQL Server knowledge and experience
- Ability to work on a staff rota, including evening and weekends
- Excellent ability to communicate with staff and customers at all levels
- A passion for your craft, and a willingness to share knowledge with others
- Interest in cloud services e.g. Azure, AWS
In addition, it would be advantageous to have:
- A strong grasp of web based technologies (e.g. IIS, ASP.NET, or similar)
- Strong working knowledge of cloud services e.g. Azure, AWS
- Strong PowerShell skills
- Good Windows Server knowledge and experience
It is crucial that our staff are eager to take on greater responsibilities. You’ll need to be able to persuade rather than confront, and educate as well as challenge your colleagues.
What we can offer you
As a member of our team you will become immediately crucial to our ongoing success; everyone is expected to push their skills forward and is rewarded with a compelling environment that drives knowledge sharing.
- A complex and satisfying role in an industry that matters
- The chance to improve healthcare in the UK
- The ability to work with the latest technologies
- Opportunity to progress your role within the company
- Competitive salary