Software QA Analyst
Development - EPMA
System C is one of the UK's leading health and social care solutions companies. Established in 1983, we specialise in the provisions of:
- Robust, modern IT Solutions for health and social care providers;
- Specialist deployment and support services for our own and third-party systems;
- Innovative healthcare improvement consultancy.
System C was selected out of 3000 organisations around the world to become the 2010 Microsoft Partner of the Year – Health. The Microsoft World Partner Award recognises outstanding innovation and solutions which deliver real benefits to a customer's business.
Our software engineering team uses
Medway is a family of products, which cover all aspects of patient management and care. The products can be deployed as stand-alone or be integrated with
Our customer base for the full Medway suite includes some large NHS Trusts such as Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, as well as the leading cancer specialist, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust.
Part of a team dedicated to ensuring the quality of software meets functional requirements and standards. QA Analysts are specifically assigned to
The testing activities are likely to focus on specific modules and products at any point in time. Over time expertise in multiple modules and products will be developed to support flexibility within the team and provide broader product knowledge.
The primary product initially will be Medway but may extend to other products as determined by business priorities.
This role will focus on clinical functionality but as an integrated solution will require the incumbent to gain experience and knowledge of the PAS and other core functions within Medway. Professional clinical support is provided by Clinical Product Managers, Clinically trained Analyst Designers, Clinical SMEs and the Clinical Safety Officers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and execution of test cases and workflow scenarios, recording
outcomeof tests, escalation of defects and identify opportunities for product improvement
- Collaborating with other software testers and implementation staff to facilitate the testing of System C (and where required, third party) software
- Collaborating with members of the development team in order to provide QA feedback and drive up product quality e.g. exploration and resolution of defects identified
- Creation and maintenance of suitable test environments for all software testing to take place. This includes the set-up of the software being tested and populating or configuring test data. This may extend to testing of interaction with devices e.g. printers, bar coding, dictation devices, medical devices.
- Testing of interfaces and integration with other modules, products or interface test harnesses
- Assist with the preparation and execution of test plans. By agreement with the responsible SME, amend or update test materials to ensure lessons learned are reflected in future testing activities
- Perform static testing and impact assessment of Design and Change Request documentation
- Review and contribute to software specification/requirements and acceptance criteria and derive tests accordingly
- Assist with the population and maintenance of automated testing under the direction of the Automated Testing Manager as assigned
- Assist in the development and instigation of protocols and procedures to improve the quality of our software
- Assist the Support team in investigating and resolving problems with software
- Other Duties – as required by the Company from time to time
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with other Software Testers and QA analysts in a software development environment
- Understanding of software testing techniques and QA processes
- ISEB Foundation/ISTQB qualification in Software Testing
- Experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving software quality issues
- Experience developing test cases
- Ability to work in a structured environment e.g. with defined test cases and an aptitude to think more widely about the context of such work and broader interdependencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience of using Microsoft technologies, MS Office applications, email and word processing
- Experience using a professional Test Management system e.g. Quality Centre, Quality Manager, Jira
- Methodical and thorough approach to problem solving
- Ability to organise, coordinate and prioritise day to day workload
- Knowledge of the end to end software development life cycle
- Exposure to healthcare/clinical software in an NHS hospital environment (e.g. Inpatients, Outpatients, Waiting Lists, Theatres, clinical applications etc.)
- Experience of working in an Agile Scrum team
- Experience of testing RESTful APIs. Exposure to automated testing tools, e.g. Selenium
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com