Webinar: The shape of future EPR deployments – Barnsley and Walsall pave the way
9th December 2020, 12:30 to 13:30
The massive disruptions of 2020 have delivered a sea-change in expectations of large scale EPR deployments. Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust both went live successfully with System C’s CareFlow EPR during the first coronavirus lockdown.
Working largely remotely, they rolled out new integrated functionality including the PAS, departmental systems such as maternity, theatres and ED, as well as clinical tools such as clinical communications, e-observations, noting, care planning and contact management systems. Walsall even achieved a 100% success rate in data migration and kept up a live Twitter stream during the go-live.
The two Trusts supported each other throughout as well as working in close partnership with System C. Both were migrating from Lorenzo systems which they had bought under the centralised National Programme for IT.
They will discuss:
- How to bring people with you: flexing team-working, partnerships between Trusts and with suppliers.
- The nitty gritty: managing a ‘big bang’ deployment remotely – before, during and after go-live.
- Lessons learned.
Hannah Crouch – editor – Digital Health
From Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Tom Davidson – director of ICT
- Dominic Bullas – CCIO
- Richard Billam – programme manager
From Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
- Keith Dibble – EPR programme director
- Mark Harrison – programme manager
- Julia Smith – training manager
A Digital Health webinar