Vitals Product SME
Product Subject Matter Experts (Product SME’s) work as members of the development and product teams and cover a range of responsibilities across Quality Assurance, with supporting activities in respect of Release Management, Product Design, Sales Support, Deployment & Support. Product SME’s should have a specialised degree of knowledge in the product
The Product SME’s provide that expert knowledge wherever it is needed across the organisation, travelling abroad might be required.
This description is not exhaustive and Product SME’s may be expected to undertake other duties within the nature and scope of this role.
Duties and responsibilities
- Helps ensuring the quality of the product.
- Participates in interface and integration testing when needed.
- Ensures “lessons learned” are built into testing regimes and materials are updated accordingly.
- Liaise with development team members when testing or raising new JIRA calls to ensure a fluid communication to the requirements of development required.
- Assist the product manager and product owners on the documenting requirements, feature epics and stories.
- Running product demos and training sessions internally and to existing and potential customers.
- Assist product managers and product owners on outstanding issues and change requests for specified modules and advise on acceptance and relative priority.
- Work with customer personnel to identify, track and resolve any issues, software, data or configuration that arise during the release process.
- Maintaining generic OBS documentation with new features and changes to the product.
- Reviewing customer requirements and bid responses for functional gaps and ensuring these are logged. Ensuring these are flagged to the Release manager in order to ensure gaps are scheduled for development or other resolution with sufficient lead time to meet deployment deadlines.
- Reviewing responses to bids for assigned modules and interdependent functions, amending and or qualifying responses to reduce ambiguity, remove inaccuracy and improve completeness.
- As required, work closely customer-facing teams to facilitate a smooth implementation of the solution.
- Support deployment teams who will escalate issues /queries to SME for advice resulting in SME providing solutions where appropriate.
Skills & experience
- 5+ years’ experience of working with clinical systems.
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders.
- Operational client-side experience in multiple functions supported by EPR.
- An interest in and a desire to work with IT systems.
- Analysis and documentation of user requirements, resulting in the development and deployment of new functional components for an existing module or the creation of new functions.
- Review and amendment of bid responses or customer requirements documentation.
- Analysis of bid requirements or responses, identifying functional gaps and assessing relative priority.
- Issue analysis and problem resolution including creation and documentation of work-arounds.
- Several years of experience as a clinical practitioner.
- Experience on writing SQL queries, basic knowledge of database models.
- 2+ years’ experience on CareFlow Vitals having experience in a significant number of the following:
- 1. Product demonstrations / workshops
- 2. Documentation of user guides/ training guides
- 3. Provision of Training
- 4. Creation of test scenarios and test scripts.
- 5. Conducting testing and taking responsibility for approving module/modules fit for release.
- Responsibility for leading the product specialist deployment activities for deployment of a module or modules at a major DGH site or multiples sites
- Experience of working with design, development and testing methodologies e.g. Agile.
- Creation and use of configuration tools e.g. Data Collection Worksheets.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org