As a Test Architect, you will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions to testing and quality assurance problems, making the best use of automation tools, techniques, and practices that enable QA analysts to focus on usability, ad-hoc and exploratory testing.
You will lead a small team of Software Developers in Test (SDETs) and Test Automation Engineers focussed on improving our approach to API, performance, technical and automation testing across all products and modules. The team will also work with the Solution Assurance and Clinical Engagement teams to define and implement patient journey tests that span multiple products, thus providing end-to-end assurance.
You will identify and facilitate your team's growth in skills and capabilities and the wider test function to take advantage of new technologies and tools as they emerge. Technical skills aside, you will have a passion for testing and motivate and coach team members to deliver high levels of quality and effectiveness.
- Expand and experiment testing processes – finding new and efficient ways to improve software quality across the SDLC.
- Identify testing tools and technologies to implement, aligning with those already used across the broader development function and in line with the team's skill set.
- Support the QA/Test Manager in achieving their strategic goals for the Test Team by providing technical support to the Manager and the team.
- Support the QA Manager in the development of an Automation strategy that is monitored and to help guide the teams into adhering to the policy.
- Monitor, optimise, mentor, collaborate and continually improve the test team on behalf of the QA/Test Manager and the rest of the development function.
- Create test estimates and define/build reusable testing assets for large/complex projects.
- Create and Manage test reports and communicate to team and wider audience.
- Possess broad awareness of testing approaches, practices, and techniques to help design and deliver the overall testing methodology used by the team.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the testing function and bring about improvements through insights gained via analysis at all stages of the SDLC/STLC.
- Design and develop the test automation framework, test harnesses, and code libraries to be used by the development teams across successive products and projects.
- Define automated test solutions, Test Automation frameworks and develop automated test suites for a wide range of technologies used on our various client engagements.
- Take ownership for test infrastructure, including environments and software, liaising with teams such as DevOps and Support in areas such as CI/CR and IT budgets.
- Provide technical know-how, documentation, and training to QA analysts, SDETs, Developers and other business functions.
- Stay up to speed on process, practice and technology developments to ensure they are brought in-house and enhance the solutions applied to testing problems.
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders to ensure they are consulted and supported in the smooth delivery of production-ready solutions that meet the needs of the business.
Education & Experience
Whilst it is accepted that the individual education and experience profile for QA Managers will vary, the following criteria are provided as a guideline:
- B.Sc. or equivalent in a software engineering related discipline.
- Professional qualifications appropriate to software Quality Assurance, e.g. ISEB/ISTQB.
- Significant Software QA experience with excellent knowledge of current best practise in the industry.
- Minimum of 6 years commercial software testing experience.
- Good understanding of principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing activities involved in planning and delivering software projects.
- Experience in collaborating and influencing cross-functional teams in the successful delivery of software projects.
- Sound understanding of agile and DevOps methodologies and concepts.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of multiple open source and commercial tools for test automation, e.g., Selenium, Test Complete, Coded UI, Ranorex, Appium etc.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter CV to firstname.lastname@example.org