Technical Test Engineer
Liquidlogic is looking for a talented and experienced Technical Test Engineer to join a very successful and growing team. The role encompasses a diverse range of activities which are generally of a highly complex and technical nature and consequently it is well suited to candidates who are currently working in a support development role or candidates who are currently working as automated test/support engineers and already possess the essential technical skills and have the desire and motivation to further extend these.
The post offers good career opportunities with a company that has a demonstrable track record of promoting from within.
The successful candidate will join our team in further developing Liquidlogic’s market-leading Children’s and Adults’ Social Services software. We need the right individual to boost this team and contribute to our expansion plans.
Liquidlogic has grown rapidly in the last 10 years to the point where the company is the market leader in the provision of specialist software for local authority social services departments.
Our applications are web-based workflow solutions that include mobile apps and customer portals. They provide modern and intuitive user interfaces to support critical processes for both social care professionals and the public. The successful candidate will play a vital role in low-level verification and testing of solutions in a service area that is comparatively advanced in its use of technology.
Liquidlogic is a successful and growing company and this post is part of a broader expansion of personnel.
Location - The role is based at the company’s headquarters in beautiful offices and gardens in a converted manor house in the rural outskirts of Leeds.
- Validate and test at a technical level and understand database, browser and network technology;
- Perform all levels of testing (manual or automated): unit, integration, load, performance, regression, UAT and configuration validation;
- Investigate and replicate customer issues referred by colleagues and other teams.
- Focus equally on software validation and verification but also on usability, reliability, availability, performance and security;
- Write and execute automated test plans and analysing results;
- Use QA tools to track and manage resolution;
- Fully endorse iterative development and have dependable delivery skills in a fast-moving environment focused on rapid iteration and regular product updates;
- Help shape the product directions by participation in product design reviews and provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential issues;
- Understand and participate in the software development lifecycle and the release management processes;
You will be an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated support developer with a desire to maintain the highest quality, performance and security standards. In additional you will possess these essential skills:
- Strong database knowledge and SQL skills- preferably SQL Server 2005, 2012 and/or 2014;
- Good understanding of database transactional behaviour;
- Sound understanding of network communication and protocols: e.g. HTTP, TLS, SOAP;
- Automated Test Scripting and analysing;
- Ability to recognise, analyse and solve issues;
- Attention to detail and focus on quality;
- Ability to work well under pressure with a flexible team player approach;
- Good organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
The following skills are also advantageous:
- Knowledge of server side and front end performance measurement, metrics, strong analytic skills and experience with performance and stress testing;
- SSIS / SSRS skills
- ISEB related qualification advantageous;
- Experience of using Liquidlogic’s products.
- Experience of testing/developing in an Agile development environment
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com or telephone the HR Department for more information.