Technical Support Consultant
Warrington or Home
The Technical Services Team are responsible for the design, installation, and support for all hardware & software to internal and external customers of System C, including operating systems, databases, and Applications.
The Technical Support Consultant will work alongside technical specialists within the Team on a Monday – Friday daytime rota (Covering 7AM – 7PM) providing first class technical support and services to internal and external users. The Technical Consultant is expected to provide support and guidance for other team members and act as an escalation point within the team when necessary.
The suitable candidate will be provided with on-the-job training for all supported hardware, operating systems, databases, interfaces, and applications but should have previous experience of working in a mission critical environment using enterprise level hardware and software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of Service Desk Support to Internal and External Customers and Systems for all hardware platforms, operating systems, database management systems managed by the Team.
- Management and Monitoring of all hardware and systems
- Implementation of Patching and Firmware Upgrades
- Author knowledge base articles for both internal staff and customers
- Adherence to Company and Team policies and working practices.
- May be required to work at other Company Sites, Customer sites or Datacentres
- Eventual Participation in a 24x7 On Call Rota
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 1 years’ Experience of
- Service Desk Systems
- Service Monitoring and Alerting
- Backup Management & Configuration
- Operating System administration (Windows Server 2012, 2016 or 2019 )
- VMware vSphere configuration and administration (v6.5 above)
- Enterprise Storage administration
- Vendor patching (Software & Firmware)
- NLB Device Management & Configuration
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- Technical operations and troubleshooting
- Writing technical documentation and knowledge base articles
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to organize personal workload to meet agreed timescales and working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain key Technical concepts to all levels of understanding
- Team Player
Any skills or experience in the below technologies would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Nutanix Administration including AHV
- MS Azure (VM Management, NSG Rules, App Gateway, ASR, Monitor)
- PowerShell administration / scripting skills
- Windows Failover Clustering Administration
- SQL Server Management including Always on Availability Groups
- Veeam Backup & Availability
- Ivanti Security Essentials (Patch Management)
- Tenable I/O
- ITIL knowledge – principles and application
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and 9001 Certification
- Any vendor certifications.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org