Technical Support Consultant
Tech Support Manager
The Technical Services Team are responsible for the design, installation, and support for all hardware & software to internal and external customers of System C, including operating systems, databases, and Applications.
The Technical Support Consultant will collaborate with technical specialists within the Team on a Monday – Friday daytime rota providing first class technical support and services to internal and external users. The suitable candidate will be provided with on-the-job training for all supported hardware, operating systems, databases, interfaces, and applications but should have previous experience of working in a mission critical environment using enterprise level hardware and software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of Service Desk Support to Internal and External Customers and Systems for all hardware platforms, operating systems, database management systems managed by the Team.
- Management and Monitoring of all hardware and systems
- Implementation of Patching and Firmware Upgrades
- Author knowledge base articles for both internal staff and customers
- Adherence to Company and Team policies and working practices.
- May be required to work at other Company Sites, Customer sites or Datacentres
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent people skills with the ability to mentor and guide others
- Ability to organize personal and team workload to meet agreed timescales
- Strong Pressure Tolerance
- 2 Years + Experience of
- Service Desk Systems
- Service Monitoring and Alerting
- Operating System administration - Windows Server 2012, 2016 or 2019
- VMware vSphere
- Enterprise Storage Administration
- Backup Administration (Veeam Preferred)
- Vendor patching (Software & Firmware)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- Writing technical documentation and knowledge base articles
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to explain key technical concepts to all levels of understanding
Any skills or experience in the below technologies would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Windows Failover Clustering Administration
- NLB Device Management & Configuration
- SQL Server Management including Always on Availability Groups
- MS Azure Management & Administration
- PowerShell administration / scripting skills
- Veeam Backup & Availability Administration
- Nutanix Administration including AHV
- ITIL knowledge – principles and application
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and 9001 Certification
- Any vendor certifications
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com