Technical Support Consultant – 24/7 Rota
Technical Support Manager
The Technical Services Team are responsible for the design, installation and support for all hardware platforms, operating systems, database management, Application integration, and associated layered products to Internal and External customers of the System C Group of Companies and Applications.
The Technical Support Consultant will work alongside specialists within the Team on a 24/7/365 rota, taking responsibility for all aspects of the teams work with emphasis on the Technical Support function, Managing and Supporting the hardware for the System C Group of Companies Solutions and Applications such as the Medway, Child Health and Adult Social Care systems.
The suitable candidate will be provided with on the job training for all supported hardware, operating systems, databases, interfaces and applications but should have previous experience of working in an mission critical environment using Windows Server OS, Enterprise storage & Hypervisor’s, Microsoft Azure, SQL Server & Backup Solutions. Experience with Nutanix, Interface Engines or Linux/AIX would be advantageous but is not essential.
The successful candidate must be available to work on a 24/7/365 Rota including evening and night shifts, including weekends. Further details will be discussed at interview stage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in a 24/7/365 rota to cover evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Provision of Service Desk Support to Internal and External Customers and Systems for all hardware platforms, operating systems, database management systems managed by the Team.
- First line support and triage of customer calls out of core working hours (7pm-7am), liaison with other on-call teams as necessary to ensure issues are resolved.
- Management and Monitoring of all hardware, interfaces, and systems in use by SystemC customers
- Implementation of Patching and Firmware Upgrades
- Author knowledge base articles for both internal staff and customers
- Adherence to Company and Team policies and working practices.
- May be required to work at other Company Sites, Customer sites or Datacentres on an occasional basis.
Skills and Experience
- 2 Years + Experience of:
- Service Desk Systems
- Service Monitoring and Alerting
- Operating System administration - Windows Server 2012 or 2016
- Windows Failover Clustering Administration
- SQL Server Management including Always On Availability Groups
- VMware vSphere & vCentre configuration and administration (v6.5 above)
- Enterprise Storage administration
- Vendor patching (Software & Firmware)
- MS Azure Management & Administration
- NLB Device Management & Configuration (Kemp Preferred)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- ITIL knowledge – principles and application
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- Technical operations and technical troubleshooting
- Writing technical documentation and knowledge base articles
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to organize personal workload to meet agreed timescales and working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain key Technical concepts to all levels of understanding
- Team Player
Any skills or experience in the below technologies would be advantageous but is not essential:
- PowerShell administration / scripting skills
- Veeam Backup & Availability Administration
- Ivanti Security Essentials (Patch Management)
- Rhapsody Integration Engine
- Tenable I/O Configuration & Understanding
- Linux/AIX systems administration experience
- Intersystem Cache / Ensemble administration experience
- Nutanix Administration including AHV
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and 9001 Certification
- Any vendor certifications.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org