Technical Projects Consultant
Flexible (preferably Warrington)
The Technical Services Team are responsible for the design, installation and support for all hardware platforms, operating systems, database management systems and associated layered products to Internal and External customers of the SystemC Group of Companies and Applications.
The Technical Projects Consultant will work alongside specialists within the Team taking responsibility for all aspects of the team’s work, to support the expansion of the Acute business unit and help deliver currently contracted and future Medway deployments.
The suitable candidate will be provided with on the job training for all supported hardware, operating systems, databases and applications but should have previous experience and knowledge of Windows Server 2012 & 2016 including Active Directory, VMWare, Backup technologies, Enterprise Storage administration.
Experience with Microsoft Azure, MS SQL Server Administration, PowerShell, Nutanix and or Linux/AIX would be advantageous.
Duties and responsibilities
• Involved with deploying Internal and External Projects including Infrastructure to underpin company software solutions
• Provision of help, advice and support to other members of the team and company
• Adherence to Company and Team policies and working practices.
• May be required to work at other Company Sites, Customer sites or Datacentres as required
• To work as part of the team as well as being self-motivated and self sufficient
• Eventual Participation in a 24x7 On Call Rota
Skills and experience
Candidates should have experience and ideally qualifications in all or many of the following areas –
• Minimum 3 years’ experience administering Windows 2012\2016 & Active Directory
• Experience administering VMWare v5.5 and above
• Experience in administering Microsoft Azure - management and administration
• Storage and Networking technologies, preferably NetApp, Nutanix, Tintri
• PowerShell admin/scripting skills
• SQL Server basic administration
• Load balanced technologies (Citrix\Kemp)
• Good customer service skills, and the ability to represent SystemC at customer locations
• Strong documentation and verbal skills
• Good organizational skills to meet agreed workload timescales, as well as working under pressure
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
• ITIL knowledge, principles and application
• Team player
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com