Technical Support Manager
The Technical Services Team are responsible for the design, installation and support for all hardware platforms, operating systems, database management systems and associated layered products to Internal and External customers of the System C Group of Companies and Applications. The Technical Support Consultant will work alongside specialists within the Team taking responsibility for all aspects of the teams work with emphasis on the Technical Support function, Managing and Supporting the hardware for the System C Group of Companies Solutions and Applications such as the Medway, Child Health and Adult Social Care systems.
The Technical Support Consultant will work closely with Product Development, Deployment and Project teams within the System C Group of Companies to ensure a full Support Service is provided. The suitable candidate will be provided with on the job training for all supported hardware, operating systems, databases and applications but should have previous experience and knowledge of Windows Server 2012 & 2016, VMWare, Veeam Backup & Availability & Enterprise Storage administration. Experience with Microsoft Azure, SQL Server Administration, Nutanix or Linux/AIX would be advantageous.
Duties and responsibilities
Basic requirements are:
- Provision of Service Desk Support to Internal and External Customers and Systems for all hardware platforms, operating systems, database management systems managed by the Team.
- Provision of help, advice and support to other members of the company
- Management and Monitoring of all hardware and systems
- Implementation of Patching and Firmware Upgrades
- Adherence to Company and Team policies and working practices.
- Involvement in Office cover Rota, between 08:00 and 18:00 and commitment to work outside these hours as and when required.
- May be required to work at other Company Sites, Customer sites or Datacentres
- Eventual Participation in a 24x7 On Call Rota
Skills and experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Minimum three years system administration on Windows Server 2012 experience
- Minimum three years VMware vSphere & vCenter configuration and administration experience (v5.5 + above)
- Enterprise Storage administration experience
- Veeam Backup & Availability Administration
- Vendor patching experience (Software & Firmware)
- PowerShell administration / scripting skills
- Service Monitoring and Alerting experience
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to organize personal work load to meet agreed timescales and working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent Customer focus
- Ability to explain key Technical concepts to all levels of understanding
- Experience of Service Desk Systems
- Team Player
Any skills or experience in the below technologies would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Windows Server 2016 administration
- MS Azure Management & Administration
- Ivanti Patch Management
- Linux/AIX systems administration experience
- Intersystem Cache / Ensemble administration experience
- Nutanix Administration
- Citrix Netscaler / Kemp NLB exposure
- SQL Server basic administration
- ITIL knowledge – principles and application
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and 9001 Certification
- Any vendor certifications.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com