Technical services team are responsible for the design, installation and support for all hardware platforms, operating systems, database management systems and associated layered products to internal and external customers of the System C group of companies and applications.
The Technical Projects Consultant will work alongside specialists within the team taking responsibility for delivering customer-based projects to new and existing System C customers.
The suitable candidate will be provided with on the job training for all supported hardware, operating systems, databases and applications but should have previous experience and knowledge of Windows Server technologies, Intersystem’s Cache/Ensemble or other Mumps/M based systems.
Experience with Microsoft Azure, PowerShell, Nutanix and or Linux/AIX would be advantageous.
Duties and responsibilties
- Involved with deploying internal and external projects including infrastructure to underpin company software solutions
- Provision of help, advice and support to other members of the team and company
- Adherence to company and team policies and working practices.
- May be required to work at other company sites, customer sites or datacentres as required
- To work as part of the team as well as being self-motivated and self sufficient
- Eventual participation in a 24x7 On Call rota
Skills and responsibilities
Candidates should have experience and ideally qualifications in all or many of the following areas –
- 3+ years Intersystem Cache/Ensemble administration and installation experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience administering Windows Server deployments
- Linux/AIX or other Unix installation and administration experience an advantage
- Storage and networking technologies, preferably NetApp, Nutanix, Tintri
- PowerShell admin/scripting skills
- Load balancing technologies (Citrix\Kemp)
- Good customer service skills, and the ability to represent System C at customer locations
- Strong documentation and verbal skills
- Good organizational skills to meet agreed workload timescales, as well as working under pressure
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- ITIL knowledge, principles and application
- Team player
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com