Solution Architect (API/Integration)
The Solutions Architect will be a key member within the Enterprise Architecture team, providing expert guidance on the integration and interoperability between the various System C products and the API Platform to service overall interoperability external to the System C portfolio.
- Leads on the evaluation and design of interoperability solutions, ensuring compliance with existing and emerging standards as appropriate.
- Applies an innovative approach to achieving interoperability goals, both with the Interoperability development team and all other product development teams where the creation of interoperability solutions is a core product capability.
- Includes helping establish API organizations, API development methodology and selection of API technology components including API gateway
- Lead API design driven by business requirements and ensures the alignment with the interoperability strategy
- Communicate risks, issues, challenges around the interoperability solutions
- Convert requirements into design and architecture collateral
- Assist in responding to RFPs / proposals
- Participate in thought leadership, vendor relationships
- Is the primary source of expertise for national services such as ERS, PDS and CPIS
- Evaluates and advises product teams on Standards adoption where interoperability is a key requirement specified
- Work with design, development, and architect teams utilising Scaled Agile product development methods, defining and ensuring understanding of requirements and acceptance criteria for development.
- You are an experienced Architect - you ideally have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- A strong technical background in topics relevant to this role such as API design, cloud software development, data storage patterns & schemas, and microservice & serverless oriented architectures
- although you need not be the expert in the room, you should feel very comfortable with the concepts and patterns
- A believer and practitioner of agile and lean concepts that result in MVP’s tested hypotheses, and iterative learning to yield the needed business and technology outcomes.
- An eagerness to simplify, but without letting perfect be the enemy of good. We are the product of several merged companies, so comfort with distilling redundant/complex systems incrementally is paramount.
- Excellent presence and public speaking skills: your team(s) will rely on you to lead architecture and integration, strategy, and critical project stewardship. Occasional interaction with partners/customers is expected.
- The willingness to “lead from the front” when times are tough
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving environment
- An ability to develop relationships across the organization in support of efficient delivery of work.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- Experience on multiple cloud platforms (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Experience consolidating multi-stack architectures in an incremental fashion
- History of success in highly visible roles
- 2 to 5 years of experience with an API management / gateway software like Apigee or Azure API Management or equivalent with the knowledge of API mashups, analytics, developer networks, monetization models and security
- Experience in HTTP/HTTPS protocol, web services and use of web servers
- Experience in designing relational databases and SQL scripting
- 2 to 5 years of know-how in implementing security and identity protocols such as OpenID, TLS, OAuth, SAML, SSO, PKI (encryption and key management), REST
- Knowledge in API design and implementation and system integration using APIs
- Experience of HL7 FHIR is desirable but not essential
- Experience in working on the cloud (iPaas / Saas)
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org