Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) x2
As a Software Developer in Test (SDET), you will be responsible for developing automated test solutions and frameworks to continuously improve the efficiency of our software development processes and the quality of our products. You will collaborate with the agile development teams to develop the necessary frameworks and tools in line with an automation-first approach to testing, which will involve;
- Understanding the requirements of each product and system to test
- Designing, reviewing, and developing code for micro-service, component and system-level testing
- Being accountable for design and code reviews
- Maximising the use and benefits of automated tests
- Carrying out non-functional testing such as volume and performance, resiliency and chaos tests
- Ensuring development and documentation standards are met
The Software Developer in Test will:
- Perform Test Automation and setting up frameworks on multiple application platforms, including but not limited to API, Web, Mobile, and Desktop.
- Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team.
- Be able to build different test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Support troubleshooting of issues with API's and applications.
- Work with deployments teams to help resolve issues for the system.
- Be able to set up, maintain, enhance / extend and operate test automation frameworks.
- Identify quality tasks during the team sprint cycle, think about testing and automation strategies, estimate test efforts, and implement automation for new features.
- Analyse and communicate test results and defect tracking.
- Support proof of concept development activities.
- Act as a flexible member of an agile team who can perform other roles as appropriate.
- Participate in performance and load test effort.
- Assist in the planning, creation and control of the test environments and test data.
- Participate in the review of QA procedures and processes and provide recommendation for improvement to eliminate any redundancies in testing and improve efficiency
- Innovate in best automation, Agile and continuous testing practices by trying new frameworks and technologies on the market and recommending their use
- Mentoring the team and individuals on best automation practices, design and implementation.
- Assist in Manual QA activities as necessary
An experienced and enthusiastic technical QA who strives to deliver good quality software, ensuring that testing standards are always adhered met. A key member of an agile team who is flexible and able to perform other activities such as write user stories, technically review code and troubleshoot problems. The successful candidate will be able to self-organise and effectively communicate their position to all key stakeholders both within the agile team and with other peers from the wider QA and development teams.
- University degree in Computer Science, similar technical degree or equivalent experience
- ISTQB Certification in software testing
- Minimum of four years commercial software testing experience
- Technical testing skills and ability to test mobile, desktop and web-based applications.
- More than three years of testing in an agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills enabling positive collaboration with functions outside development, including senior management and customers.
- Open, patient and supportive towards other team members to help induct new team members or grow the knowledge of more junior team members
- Smart, presentable, role model
- Ability to create SQL queries to interrogate/update a database
- Knowledge of NoSQL based databases.
- Understanding and experience of XML and JSON and use relevant tools
- Experience in working with Development teams to test using test harnesses, e.g. Postman
- The ability to test the engine of the software, testing the rules, logic, and data flow below the GUI
- The ability to step through developer demo's (including the ability to read and understand code) on Developer PCs, as well as feeling confident to step through Unit tests with developers
- Testing the integration hooks between modules, applications, and systems
- Experience in using, troubleshooting, and testing RESTful API's
- Understanding of automation best practices
- Some experience with front-end automation tools, e.g., Selenium
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com