Software Developer (Mid-Level)
System C developers impact millions of people every day through our range of healthcare software systems. Used extensively throughout the NHS, you might be wondering why you have never heard of us – we pay far more attention to our software delivering value than shouting about our latest contracts.
We are looking for a forward-thinking developer. We need you to engage, delight and excite us with your mastery of code and willingness to help us develop quality solutions.
Our product is highly critical to the delivery of quality care. You will need to excel at communicating your ideas to audiences large and small in whatever format you have available. We all collaborate and help each other out, even when things are not going our way.
We listen and adapt - Agile is a progressive movement in our organisation and we are constantly learning from the wider community and from each other. Our teams are increasingly cross functional – you will therefore need to design, develop, debug, investigate and question. We learn as we go and provide training to keep all our skills current and relevant.
As a Developer, you will be expected to work within an Agile team alongside fellow developers in interpreting requirements, creating and amending code as part of the Medway product suite. You will also be expected to investigate and resolve software issues that more junior members of the team may not be able to take on.
You will work on problems of moderate scope, where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within the bounds of defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Minimum expected qualifications and experience:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 2 Years’ experience developing in at least one Object Oriented Programming language (such as C#);
- C# coding skills that stand out from the crowd
- Experience of developing WinForms applications
- Knowledge and experience of common design patterns, such as Factory, Singleton and Adapter.
- A proven track record of delivering successful software projects
- Passion about your craft and love of sharing ideas and knowledge
- Developed high availability multi-user systems
- Unit testing with TDD and/or BDD
- Developing N-Tier applications
- Healthcare and clinical systems
- Experience of developing web applications using Vue, Vuetify and/or React.
- Experience of WebAPI and RESTFul API services
- Agile Development Methodologies
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org