Software Developer (Integration)
System C developers impact millions of people every day through our range of healthcare software systems. Used extensively throughout the NHS, you might be wondering why you have never heard of us – we pay far more attention to our software delivering value than shouting about our latest contracts.
We are looking for a new breed of developer. Our teams are progressive – we need you to engage, delight and excite us with your mastery of software development. We are a Microsoft shop through and through so we want your C# clean and your T-SQL performant. We seek the best!
Our product is large and we are a widely distributed team. You will need to excel at communicating your ideas to audiences large and small in whatever format you have available. We all collaborate and help each other out, even when things are not going our way.
We listen and adapt - Agile is a progressive movement in our organisation and we constantly learning from the wider community and from each other. Our teams are increasingly cross functional – you will need to design, develop, debug, investigate and question. We learn as we go and provide training to keep all our skills current and relevant.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Minimum expected qualification and experience:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent,
- 2 Years’ experience developing in at least one Object Oriented Programming language (such as C#)
- Coding skills that stand out from the crowd in either C# or Java
- Experience using C# or Java to build integration solutions to other systems and/or devices
- A good understanding of object-orientated programming techniques, environments and tools;
- Experience in developing and supporting integration solutions using appropriate architectures and tools including;
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) integration
- Service definition, design and implementation using WSDL/SOAP and REST
- Configuring message broker transformations and flows, message queues
- Understanding of the concepts of interoperability and single sign-on
- An understanding of securing data exchange over wide area networks
- A proven track record of delivering successful projects
- Passion about your craft and love of sharing knowledge
- An inquisitive mind and a dogged determination to solve complex problems
- Knowledge and experience working with Cloud hosted integration patterns include Microsoft Service Bus architecture
- Health Care and Clinical systems
- Knowledge of HL7 standards and protocols (e.g. HL7, ITK and IHE)
- Knowledge of the Orion Rhapsody Integration Engine
- Use of Microsoft’s Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- An understanding of medical devices
- Knowledge of FHIR standards and concepts
- Experience of Structured Testing and Test Script creation
- Experience working within an Agile Development Environment
- Developed high availability multi-user system
- Developing N-Tier applications
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com