Software Developer in Test (SDET) (FTC)
Software Developer in Test is involved in every step of the software development process such as:
- Designing, development, and testing.
- Highly skilled professional with development as well as testing knowledge.
- SDET can participate in test automation tool development and may make it for generic use.
- SDETs need to perform duties like performance testing, automated generation of test data, etc.
- Know requirements and guidelines for the products
Software Developer in Test will:
- Perform Test Automation and setting up frameworks on multiple application platforms including but not limited to API, Web, Mobile, and Desktop.
- Investigate customer problems referred by the technical support team.
- Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team.
- Able to build different test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Handle technical communications with Partners to understand client's systems or APIs.
- Support troubleshooting of issues with API’s and applications.
- Work with deployments teams and resolving issues for the system.
- Be able to set up, maintain, enhance / extend and operate test automation frameworks.
- Identify quality tasks during team sprint cycle and think about testing and automation strategies and estimate test efforts and implement automation for new features.
- Analyse and communicate test results and defect tracking.
- Support proof of concept development activities.
- Act as a flexible member of an agile team who can perform other roles as appropriate.
- Participate in performance and load test effort.
- Assist in the planning, creation and control of the test environments and test data.
- Participate in the review of QA procedures and processes and provide recommendation for improvement to eliminate any redundancies in testing and improve efficiency
- Innovate in best automation, Agile and continuous testing practices by trying new frameworks and technologies on the market and recommending their use
- Mentoring the team and individuals on best automation practices, design and implementation.
- Assist in Manual QA activities as necessary
An experienced and enthusiastic technical QA who strives to deliver good quality software and ensures that testing standards are adhered to at all times. A key member of an agile team who is flexible and able to perform other activities such as write user stories, technically review code and troubleshoot problems. The successful candidate will be able to self-organise and be able effectively communicate their position to all key stakeholders both within the agile team and with other peers from the wider QA and development teams.
- University degree in Computer Science, similar technical degree or equivalent experience
- ISTQB Certification in software testing Experience
- Minimum of 4 years commercial software testing experience
- Technical testing skills and ability to test mobile, desktop and web-based applications.
- More than 3 years testing in agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills enabling positive collaboration with functions outside development, including senior management and customers.
- Open, patient and supportive towards other team members to help induct new team members or grow the knowledge of more junior team members
- Smart, presentable, role model
- Ability to create SQL queries to interrogate/update a database
- Knowledge of NOSQL based databases.
- Understanding and experience of XML and JSON and use relevant tools
- Experience of working with Development teams to test using test harnesses e.g. Postman
- The ability to test the engine of the software, testing the rules, logic, and data flow below the GUI
- The ability to step through developer demo’s (including ability to read and understand code) on Developer PCs, as well as feeling confident to step through Unit tests with developers
- Testing the integration hooks between modules, applications, and systems
- Experience of using, troubleshooting, and testing RESTful API’s
- At least some programming experience, (C# preferably)
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org