Service Desk Manager - Liquidlogic
Liquidlogic is looking for the right person to manage the Liquidlogic Service Desk and Problem Management Teams, which provide a support service for live systems across Liquidlogic’s customer base of over 100 local authorities.
This is a management role but one in which the successful candidate will also need the ability to get involved, by helping to fix
The post offers good career opportunities with a company that has a demonstrable track record of promoting from within and has been accredited as a ‘Best Company.’ See more here
Liquidlogic has grown rapidly in the last 15 years to the point where the company is the market leader in the provision of specialist software for local authority social services and children’s services departments.
Our applications are web-based workflow solutions that include mobile apps and customer portals. They provide modern and intuitive user interfaces to support critical processes for both social care professionals and the public. The successful candidate will play a vital role in supporting solutions in a service area that is comparatively advanced in its use of technology, and that helps to protect vulnerable people.
Location - The role is based at the company’s headquarters in beautiful offices and gardens in a converted manor house in the rural outskirts of Leeds.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the Service Desk and Problem Management Teams in terms of line management, development of staff, team and individual performance, capacity planning and recruitment.
- Maintain as support rota to cover 24x7 support each day of the year.
- Maintain a high level of support across the Customer Base including day to day support, the out of hour’s processes and support of hosted customers.
- Work with Liquidlogic’s parent company, - System C, - who provide Liquidlogic’s data centre and hosting service.
- Overall Accountability for Incident and Problem Management.
- Alert the Director(s) in the event of a major incident or processes that may cause a risk to customers or Liquidlogic.
- Attend and Present (where required) the Customer User Groups.
- Maintain and develop a relationship with other teams within the company.
- Work with the Sales department to create Account Management Reports and to review tenders.
- Deal with escalations from both customers and internally from within Liquidlogic.
- Take responsibility for major issues, when needed taking a hands-on approach to help investigate and fix issues.
- Take part in customer calls, explaining the support process and individual issues to customers, explaining technical issues in a customer focussed non-technical way.
Skills and experience:
This is a customer facing role which requires good interpersonal skills, technical understanding, and the ability to work as part of a team but also demonstrates initiative when working alone. This is together with the skills outlined below:
- Good working knowledge of
Sqlserver, Microsoft OS and Java applications
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Excellent Customer Relationship Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all disciplines
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks
- Good Documentation Skills
- String line management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with staff at all levels
- Experience and knowledge of Social Care Processes
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com or telephone the HR Department for more information.