Senior Software Developer
You would be expected to use your experience and wide-ranging knowledge to mentor and coach team members, and inspire high levels of effectiveness, code quality and productivity. Our teams are progressive – we need you to engage, delight and excite us with your mastery of software development and in return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package which includes a generous annual leave entitlement, company contributing pension, private healthcare, life assurance and income protection. In addition, we are also able to offer discounted gym memberships, discounts on mobile phone contracts and various insurances.
In order to succeed in this role, you will need a proven track record in developing and delivering projects organised around a cloud-based architecture, a BSc or equivalent in a software engineering discipline as well as experience in:
- The modern web development stack
- Microservice architecture, RESTful APIs
- Significant cloud / Azure development experience with excellent software engineering skill
The following would be greatly beneficial but not essential:
- In-depth understanding of Azure cloud-based development, including such technologies as Cosmos DB, Service Fabric, Logic Functions, Azure Search Index, Service Bus and Event Grid
- Experience of working with agile methodologies.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical leadership to your colleagues ensuring software is designed, developed and unit tested according to good software engineering principles.
- Following technology trends, innovate and suggest improvements.
- Collaborating with Product Owners and other product teams.
- Collaborating with Product Management and Solution Architects.
- Influencing colleagues in Product Management.
- Developing product expertise.
- Being a hands-on developer within your team.
- Demonstrating timely and accurate risk and issues management.
- Achieving agreed productivity targets.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org