Senior Automation Test Analyst - Graphnet
We are a software development company that provides solutions to the healthcare market and we are seeking a talented individual to join our development team as a senior automation test analyst.
The successful candidate will be working with our QA team in an agile development environment and will be responsible for testing and automating new features and maintain existing automated tests/frameworks to ensure we maintain the highest quality for our core product which is used by healthcare organisations throughout the UK.
The person we are looking for will have a background in testing with strong experience in automation using Java and Selenium WebDriver. This person will be working in a collaborative environment in the role of a senior tester and will challenge the norms of testing methods and processes when necessary while having an enthusiastic approach to testing. The person will be someone with a passion to continually improve and demonstrate ownership and drive of the automation process based on their practical testing expertise across web, mobile and database platforms.
As a senior member of the team, you would lead by example and be expected to work closely with key stakeholders across the business, mentor junior colleagues when required, help contribute with overall testing to ensure software is released on time as well as help drive and improve the overall test practices across the business.
- A strong focus on quality with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to demonstrate a dynamic and enthusiastic approach to software testing.
- Able to take the point of view of the customer or end-user of the software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to communicate to technical (development team) and non-technical (management team) people in the organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and diplomacy.
- Excellent judgement skills.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
- The ability to work well under pressure and prioritise conflicting demands
- Pro-active and confident in making decisions
- Positively influence fellow team members
- Demonstrate an understanding of the software development process lifecycle and how it fits in with the business approach and goals of the business.
- A desire to learn new skills and further enhance in the field of testing
Key responsibilities/technical skills:
- Create automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Java (minimum 5+ years’ experience)
- Maintain and enhance existing automated test plans / scripts using Page Object Model
- Experience of Automating Mobile Applications on iOS and Android e.g. using Appium (desirable)
- Experience of API testing and volume and performance testing
- Design comprehensive test cases and scripts from business rules/functional requirements
- Update and maintain manual regression test script packages when necessary
- Exposure to testing within the IT health sector (desirable, not essential)
- Experience of manual/exploratory testing and a willingness to help in this area when needed
- Understanding of how hardware and networking could affect the testing required
- An understanding of SQL, XML and JSON
- Ability to create basic tools and scripts to aid testing
- Understanding of automation and working with the continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline (TeamCity and Octopus deploy or similar)
- Experience in working within an agile development/QA environment
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification in Software Testing
- Degree ideally in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Software Development, Information Technology and Systems or a related bachelor’s degree
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org