Senior Automation QA
As a Senior Automation QA, you will be responsible for developing automated functional and non-functional test scripts to continuously improve the efficiency of our software development process and the quality of our products. As such, you will be part of an agile team, involved in every step of the software development process, including:
- Understanding the requirements of each product and system to test
- Designing, reviewing, and developing code for micro-service, component and system-level testing
- Being accountable for design and code reviews
- Maximising the use and benefits of automated tests
- Carrying out non-functional testing such as load and performance tests
- Ensuring development and documentation standards are met
The Senior Automation QA will:
- Work alongside SDETs to create and execute on multiple application platforms, like Mobile (iOS & Android), API, Web.
- Assist in the planning, creation and control of the test environments and test data.
- Working closely with the manual QAs to define test data requirements.
- Be able to build different test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Analyse and communicate test results regularly.
- Create, report & manage bug reports working with the team.
- Support troubleshooting of issues with API's and applications.
- Work with the development team to develop a shared understanding of making the product and manual tests automatable
- Assist in Manual QA activities as necessary
- Be able to set up, maintain, enhance and operate test automation frameworks.
- Identify quality tasks during the team sprint cycle, estimate test efforts, and implement automation for new features.
- Pushing automation test artefacts to CI/CD build pipeline and maintaining successful build.
- Carry out performance and load test activities using tools like jMeter.
- Innovate in best automation, Agile and continuous testing practices by contributing to framework enhancements
An experienced and enthusiastic automation tester who strives to deliver good quality software ensuring that testing standards are always adhered to. A key member of an agile team who is flexible and able to perform other activities such as technically review code and troubleshoot problems. The successful candidate will be able to self-organise and be able effectively communicate their position to all key stakeholders both within the agile team and with other peers from the wider QA and development teams.
- University degree in Computer Science, similar technical degree or equivalent experience
- ISEB/ISTQB Certification in software testing
- Minimum of five years commercial software testing experience
- Technical testing skills and ability to test mobile, desktop and web-based applications.
- More than three years testing in an agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills enabling positive collaboration with functions outside development, including senior management and customers.
- Open, patient and supportive towards other team members to help induct new team members or grow the knowledge of more junior team members
- Smart, presentable, role model
- Ability to create SQL queries to interrogate/update a database
- Understanding and experience of JSON and use relevant tools
- Experience in working with Development teams to test using test harnesses, e.g. Postman
- The ability to test the engine of the software, testing the rules, logic, and data flow below the GUI
- Testing the integration hooks between modules, applications, and systems
- Knowledge of C# based frameworks with experience in creating automated functional tests.
- Experience in using, troubleshooting, and testing RESTful API's
- Understanding of automation best practices
- Experience writing automation scripts using front-end automation tools e.g., Selenium WebDriver, Appium, SpecFlow, NUnit Framework
- Any experience with performance or load testing tools would be advantageous
- An excellent ability to grasp new strategies, tactics and technical issues quickly
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com