A dedicated scrum master is required for mentoring one or more agile development teams, taking ownership of the methodology and coaching and guiding the teams and the wider organisation in the application of Scrum. Acting as a “servant leader”, the Scrum Master provides services to three distinct functions as described below.
The role of Scrum Master will also include any other activities in support of the business which can reasonably be expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee.
This is a hybrid role; working primarily between the office (Warrington) and home, with occasional travel to other offices and corporate events as required.
Candidates will be required to complete an online Scrum/Agile knowledge check with our test provider CodinGame prior to interview.
Scrum Master Service to the Product Owner:
The Scrum Master serves the Product Owner in several ways, including:
- Assisting with techniques for effective Team Backlog management. For example: facilitating backlog refinement (grooming) sessions.
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Team Backlog items.
- Understanding product planning in an empirical environment.
- Assisting the Product Owner in arranging the Team Backlog to maximize value.
- Understanding and practicing Agile development practises; and,
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed.
Scrum Master Service to the Scrum Development Team:
The Scrum Master serves the Scrum Development Team in several ways, including:
- Coaching the Scrum Development Team in self-organisation and cross-functionality.
- Removing impediments to the Scrum Development Team’s progress.
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed; and,
- Coaching the Scrum Development Team in organisational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood.
Scrum Master Service to the Organisation:
The Scrum Master serves the organisation in several ways, including:
- Planning Scrum implementations within the organisation;
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development.
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team; and,
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organisation.
- Contributing to and ensuring compliance with company standards, processes and guidelines to ensure consistent execution of the SAFe/Scrum methodology.
- Collaborating with Product Owners to ensure technical debt and architectural runway items are included and appropriately prioritised on the Team Backlog.
Education, Experience and Skills:
Whilst it is accepted that the individual education and experience profile for Scrum Masters will vary, the following is provided as a guideline:
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline or equivalent professional experience in a software development environment.
- Certified Scrum Master training
- A thorough understanding of the SAFe/Scrum methodology supported by the skills to guide and coach teams in the application of the methodology.
- Strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence, negotiate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Experience working within a healthcare software provider or Healthcare organisation is desirable but not essential.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com