- All aspects of planning and deploying complex healthcare IT systems and services at NHS Trust and Health-Community level, including the management of the client and 3rd parties
- Ensuring buy in to the plan from all parties, including client and 3rd parties
- Presenting & reporting to Project Boards and Senior Management
- Achieving milestone sign off; aspects of which may have dependencies upon the client and 3rd parties
- Identifying and managing project issues and risks and escalating appropriately.
- Ensuring the overall solution, including operational procedures and workarounds is ‘fit for purpose’
- Direct management of team(s) (including client and 3rd party) to deploy the solution
- Providing demonstrations and workshops to the client to encourage team work between supplier and client
- Team-building and working with colleagues from System C and other companies
- Providing consultancy around Change Management aspects of the project
- Identifying new areas of business or interest for System C and provide input to bids and proposals
- Accountable for a range of projects managed by project managers, or a complex programme of delivery involving a range of modules and or subcontractors
- Degree educated or equivalent (significant work experience may be acceptable as a substitute for academic qualifications)
- In depth knowledge of the NHS and Healthcare Information Systems
- Understanding of the operational procedures within one or more care settings e.g., Acute Secondary, Acute Mental Health, Primary Care etc., and departments within the NHS
- Understanding of the role of healthcare informatics in the delivery (and modernisation of) healthcare services
- Project Management methodologies – PRINCE2 an advantage
- Practical experience in the delivery of large-scale IT led business change projects, ideally in an NHS setting such as the replacement of a hospital or mental health system
- Medical/Clinical systems awareness or a clinical background an advantage
- A successful and proven track record in working to tight deadlines in a busy challenging environment.
- Experience of dealing with end users and prioritising outstanding tasks
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Significant experience in NHS or health care domain, typically 10+ years.
- Experience of working in a consultancy role and/or communications with key stakeholders at board level in client organisations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills both orally and in writing.
- Able to communicate and organise effectively at all levels; management, clerical and clinical
- Ability to organise and co-ordinate areas of work for yourself and others.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and planning skills.
- Self-starter with great determination and motivation to succeed.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Good time management and planning skills
- Good teamwork, person-management and motivational skills
- Ability to work within project constraints to ensure that milestone and delivery dates are met
- Able to work away from home and willingness to travel essential
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org