Product Owner (CareFlow)
Work in an Agile Development Team, taking ownership of the team backlog and priorities and driving sprint planning to deliver maximum value into the product within the constraints of the team capacity and the Program Increment Objectives. You will collaborate with Product Management in the definition of overall product vision and establishing Program Increment Objectives for your areas of responsibility. The role is office based co-located with the Agile Team but may involve occasional travel as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Develop product expertise in your areas of responsibility such that you can act as the go to expert within the development organization from a planning and priority perspective.
- Manage the Agile Team level Backlog to ensure a well-defined and prioritized pipeline of work items is available for each sprint planning session. This will include:
- Act as gatekeeper for accepting requirements and defects onto the backlog from Deployment, Support, Product Management, Release Management and the Agile Team.
- Where required, ensure that sufficient functional design and other required collateral has been produced in support of requirements transferred from Program level
- Ensure UX design standards are appropriately applied to UI development
- Break down larger EPICs, Features and User Stories into User Stories sized appropriately for development requirements (small enough to complete within a sprint)
- Prioritize work items on the backlog on an ongoing basis to ensure an ordered backlog is available for sprint planning
- Collaborate with the Agile Team to ensure all work items on the backlog have suitable effort estimates
- Ensure a balance aligned with SAFe recommendations and current company strategy is maintained on the backlog regarding new features, bugfixes and technical debt.
- Help ensure all user stories have sufficient acceptance criteria defined to enable development and from which test cases can be derived
- Work with Scrum Master(s) to drive sprint delivery and protect the Agile Team and the sprint plan from un-necessary changes and interruptions.
- Monitor 3rd line support issues, escalating calls to 4th line where applicable.
- Collaborate with Product Management to define the vision for the product(s) and module(s) within your areas of responsibility.
- Influence colleagues in Product Management on areas of potential product improvements.
- Contribute to the multi-functional project team in planning the scope and schedule for releases and defining the associated Program Increment Objectives.
- Timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required by your Manager, reporting risks and issues as they arise.
- Achieve agreed productivity targets to ensure tasks are delivered to schedule, reporting as early as possible to team Management where deliverables cannot be met.
- Work with the Agile team to achieve excellent levels of product quality
- Work with the Agile team to produce any required documentation and training materials for the product(s) within your areas of responsibility
- Liaise with the offshore development teams to ensure that requirements are fully understood, accepted and delivered to the standards expected by customers.
- Any other activities in support of the business which can reasonably be expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee.
Experience and skills
In short, we are looking for someone who is highly technical, as well as being a creative problem solver and excellent communicator.
The experience/ skills we’re looking for would include:
- Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related discipline or equivalent professional experience in a software development environment
- Solid previous Product Owner experience
- In depth knowledge of scrum and agile software development
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
In addition, it would be desirable to have:
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience working with offshore and/or outsourced development teams
- Healthcare domain experience and understanding of healthcare IT solutions and operations
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org