Product Manager - Shearwater Systems
Shearwater provides a solution toolkit called Rapport which underpins key aspects of the Alliance product set in areas such as mobile apps and eForms. This role is key in determining the future direction of the functionality set and how it will evolve across all of its customer
Duties and responsibilities:
The Rapport Product Manager is the senior expert in respect of the Rapport functionality within Shearwater. The Product Manager maintains a deep understanding of the products and its position within the specific domain. The product manager ensures that the market and competitor analysis is comprehensive and is informing product direction. The product manager will be working with colleagues across the Alliance to deliver a coherent and consistent solution set. They are responsible for managing the product roadmap, liaising with all appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
The Product Manager works with the Product Director and other members of the senior management team to create, develop, communicates and maintain a product vision, and ensures adoption of product strategies appropriate to market conditions and position in the product life cycle. They oversee market analysis to identify and quantify customer needs, lead
The Product Manager works within the Agile Framework directly reporting to the Product Director. They liaise with Sales, Design, Development, Deployment and Support, providing expert product knowledge across the organisation in their domain. The product manager provides leadership to the multi-disciplinary team that design and develop the product set and work directly with a Feature Owner who holds the day-to-day responsibility for tracking delivery progress.
The Product Manager will work particularly closely with the Shearwater Development Manager to ensure existing capabilities are leveraged to the optimum and the utilisation of resources is harmonised as part of the agile process. They are also required to understand the context of the Rapport Solution in respect of the Portfolio for the System C and Graphnet Alliance, highlighting opportunities with the Solution Owners and other colleagues.
- Manages the product roadmap and provides leadership to the multi-disciplinary teams working on Rapport products
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the market, e.g. market size, market requirements, competitors and competitor activity as it pertains to areas such as the mobile healthcare market;
- Performs analyses, assessing product strengths and weaknesses relative to opportunities and threats to develop a product vision;
- Influences product strategy in the light of life cycle context including progression to sunset products where appropriate;
- Articulates business opportunities in the form of Business Cases and Requirements, owns the
high levelroadmap for the Rapport product domain and informs the development roadmap for the product and product suite;
- Maintain a detailed awareness of existing and emerging trends and requirements that may impact the product, formulating proposed responses.
- Reports directly to Product Director
- Co-ordinates with the Development Manager in backlog management
- Attends and represents Co. at industry events in pursuit of
- Available as a resource to be used by the business to provide insight, information, research, etc. related to the product domain and the related UK market.
- Maintains “user group” forums for the Rapport product domain, representing Co. promoting product adoption, gathering customer intelligence, responding to requirements and priorities. Communicates customer strategies internally to share
understandingof customer / marketdynamics;
- Performs role of guardian of Rapport functionality. Reviews and approves requested product changes ensuring consistency with product vision, function and standards (as part of the approval process requiring sign-off by defined stakeholders e.g. sales, deployment, solution architects)
high levelrequirements for detailed analysis and design;
- Participates in design processes, verifying detailed requirement definition and proposed designs. Participates in development reviews to verify development continues to meet
high levelrequirement definition and capitalises on market opportunities;
- Maintains product backlog reviewing content in conjunction with Product Owners and Subject Matter Experts to ensure prioritisation, currency and removal of redundant requirements (currently maintained on Jira/Confluence).
- Participates in the prioritisation of changes and acts as
escalationpoint for shaping the response assessing if changes are required as part of defect resolution. Informing development and release planning in this context;
- Review customer change for requests which affect functionality to evaluate if they are suitable for inclusion in the Rapport product;
- Participates in sales support, preparing and delivering presentations and workshops on product content and roadmap.
- The product manager delivers in-depth, clinical demos when required to potential new customers
- Reviews and contributes to bid responses, ensuring accuracy and completeness of responses, identifying and leading on responses on any product functional gaps;
- Evaluates partner opportunities to assess
potentialfor enhancing sales and addressing competitor strategies.
Support and deployment
- Works with Customer Support and Deployment functions, to formulate responses to customer enquiries or issues;
- Participates in customer satisfaction assessment. Undertaking analysis to inform the Shearwater product direction
- 5 years plus working in the health sector, preferably with a combination of product expertise and experience managing products;
- Experience of market analysis and assessment of product in market context;
- Significant experience of customer engagement with clinicians, management and end users;
- Product management including business case experience is desirable;
- Experience of definition and articulation of customer requirements.
- Computing Degree or equivalent
- Product Management qualification desirable (AIPMM, or equivalent course) but not essential
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent domain knowledge: drivers for clinical adoption of IT solutions;
- Positive, adaptable and proactive attitude;
- Strong management and organisational skills.
- Strong presentation skills;
- Judgement and
abilityto make decisions;
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Working knowledge of Office tools;
- Ability to work alone and also as a strong team player.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org