An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the Finance team.
The role requires a close working relationship with Sales, Contracts, Legal and Finance to ensure that bids and tenders are submitted in-line with the company goals, in a consistent manner both in respect of over time and across the customer base
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years finance experience and be a self-starter who can work independently and in team environments.
- Working closely with Commercial Director provide financial modelling for all bids and tenders
- Ensure that bids and tender proposals align with the financial goals of the business
- Ensure that the financial impacts (Bookings, Revenue, Contribution and Cash flows) of bids and tenders is clearly understood and communicated to all interested parties
- Own, enhance and maintain all pricing models
- Working with business leads ensure that the companies solutions are costed correctly and this is translated into the pricing models
- Seek to identify margin growth opportunities
- Undertake commercial contract negotiations as appropriate
- Along with the Sales Director, Commercial Director & Financial Director active member of the pricing committee
Experience and skills
The post holder ideally must have knowledge / experience of the below:
- 5+ years finance experience, preferably in a Commercial Finance Environment and preferably with experience of the public sector
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA (will consider excellent history of Management Accounting experience)
- High level of proficiency (Excel), manage existing spreadsheets and improve them, as necessary.
- Overall good technical proficiency and ability to adapt skills to new applications.
- Experience of Data manipulation / modelling using spreadsheets.
- The knowledge and use of PowerPoint and Word
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to guide and influence non-finance team members
- Must be comfortable in presenting financial information to non-financial managers. An articulate, operationally focused mind-set would be ideal.
- Strong presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented while able to understand and communicate the big picture.
- An ability to manage competing priorities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Task focused individual.
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com