Population Health Data Analyst (FTC - 6 months)
Graphnet Health are seeking a permanent Data Analyst as part of a growing Population Health Analytics Team. The data analyst works closely within population health analytics team and uses cutting edge Azure technology to create dynamic analytics for use by health and care professionals.
The Population health analytics team works at the forefront of the exciting transformation agenda within health and care, delivering population analytics solutions that allow health and care organisations to plan health and care services based on the true needs of their populations. We are looking for a talented data analyst who can build data visualisations, perform in depth data analysis and answer questions on data for key stakeholders. You will use Azure SQL, Power Apps and create Power BI data visualisations; as well as getting involved in our growing data science work. We are seeking individuals who have NHS data set knowledge as well as the enthusiasm and aptitude for providing solutions to complex problems.
Our Population Health Analytics team in supporting a wide range of regional and national projects to improving the health of the population. The current worldwide COVID-19 crisis has proved that utilising timely data and insight can help save lives. Our team has been in the thick of things developing analytics solutions to help manage the crisis. Our team are highly experienced and passionate about health and care; using technology to help improve the health and care of the nation. This role provides the successful candidate the chance to contribute to Population Health Analytics programmes throughout the country.
The ideal candidate is an experienced NHS health care data analyst with strong technical skills. Must be a team player with strong communication skills.
- Working closely with the Population Health Consultants, clinicians and care professionals to design and produce analytical tools as solutions to support given problems.
- Building complex but easy to use data visualisations to customer requirements using Microsoft Power BI.
- Building SQL views or stored procedures to create analytical data sets as well as querying the Population health data marts to solve data queries.
- Supporting the delivery and implementation of CareCentric population health product into health and care organisations.
- Support end users in developing their own analytics capability by hands on training and creation of supporting documentation.
- Supporting the benefits analysis of health and care interventions.
- Perform second line support for analytical tools and use case dashboards.
- Test and quality assure analytics solutions.
- Work on customer sites as required.
Experience and skills
- 3+ years working with Microsoft SQL Server at an advanced level for data query and manipulation.
- 3+ years’ experience of creating analytical visualisations and dashboards with Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, QlikView or another modern equivalent tool.
- 3+ years’ experience working with or as part of NHS in an analytical focused role making use NHS datasets such as Primary Care, CDS, SUS, PAS and PLICS
- 1+ years’ experience using coding methodologies such as READ, SNOMED and ICD
- Clear understanding of data validation and interpretation techniques.
- Good numerical skills and good attention to detail.
- Experience in translating real world requirements into analytical reporting.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and the application of data science.
- Knowledge of information governance rules and requirements within health and care.
- Knowledge of risk stratification, population segmentation and outcomes analysis.
- Knowledge of health economics, public health and epidemiology.
- Understanding of the NHS commissioning landscape
- Knowledge of data science, modelling, statistical analysis including R or Python.
- Knowledge of cloud environments and Microsoft Azure functionality.
- Experience of testing and quality assurance of software.
- Experience knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Experience of handling of large data volumes such as data tables over a billion records.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent level / significant experience of working at a similar level in a specialist area.
- Post-graduate degree in analytical, mathematical or computer science subject or equal. (Desirable)
- Passion about your craft and love of sharing knowledge.
- Aptitude to quickly grasp new concepts and information.
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions.
- Ability to actively problem-solve and seek out solutions to issues.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Positively influence fellow team members.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com