Population Health Analytics Data Engineer
Population Health Analytics
Graphnet Health are seeking a permanent Data Engineer as part of a growing Population Health Analytics Team. The focus of this post is to build and support our Microsoft Azure based Population Health Analytics data platform. The person will be required to take on a variety of analytics software development tasks with technology including Azure Synapse, Azure SQL, Databricks, Azure data factory, Power Apps and supporting data science work. We are seeking individuals with the enthusiasm and aptitude to providing solutions to complex problems. This includes the identification of new technologies we can utilise coupled with the ability to quickly gain new skills to support rapid implementation.
The current worldwide pandemic has proved that utilising timely data and insight can help save lives. Our team deliver key elements of the National Immunisation System which has been key in the UK Government response to handling the pandemic. Our analytical solutions involve direct care decision support and case finding / monitoring programmes such as virtual wards and care at home. The Population health analytics team works at the forefront of the exciting transformation agenda within health and care, delivering population analytics solutions that allow health and care organisations to plan health and care services based on the true needs of their populations.
Our team are highly experienced and passionate about Population Health; using technology to help improve the health and care of the nation. This role provides the successful candidate the chance to be involved in Population Health Analytics programmes covering 15.5 million of the UK population.
The ideal candidate would have a Data Engineer or BI developer background combined with excellent interpersonal skills and a good analytical mind. Experience of healthcare data would be an advantage.
- Creation of Population Health data platform software using the Microsoft Azure cloud toolkit this will include tasks relating to data storage, extract, transform, load and other associated software
- Customer support of Analytics software
- Planning and estimation of development tasks
Experience & Skills:
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Azure data platform
- 2+ years Business Intelligence or analytics development experience of using Microsoft SQL Server including:
- Writing advanced SQL
- Azure Data Factory and / or Integration Services
- General DBA work including performance tuning
- Skills in relational database design and development
- Experience of working with very large datasets where performance is critical
- Working in a professional development environment using source control, agile development and coding standards
- Azure Synapse
- Some experience in other development languages and technical standards such as Python, R, Powershell, JSON, C# .Net
- Experience incorporating cloud data sources into data pipelines, for example blob and file storage, Data Lakes
- Knowledge of or work experience within health or social care informatics
- Experience of remote working in a geographically dispersed team
- An understanding of Population Health Analytics such as risk stratification and demand modelling.
- Source control within DevOps
- Development and use of REST APIs
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related subject (desirable), or equivalent experience
- Passion about your craft and love of sharing knowledge
- Able to demonstrate a dynamic and enthusiastic approach to software development
- Ability to work through problems and implement robust solutions quickly and independently
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Aptitude to quickly grasp new concepts and information
- Ability to use a varied set of technical platforms and components to deliver versatile and robust software
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions
- Positively influence fellow team members
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org