Performance Test Analyst
Liquidlogic is looking for a talented and experienced Non-functional Test Engineer, with a strong background in performance testing, to join their growing team. The role will primarily focus on performance testing however it will also encompass a diverse range of activities which are generally of a highly complex and technical nature. It is well suited to candidates who are currently working in either a SDET or Performance Testing capacity.
The post offers good career opportunities with a company that has a demonstrable track record of promoting from within.
The successful candidate will join our team in further developing Liquidlogic’s market leading case management and workflow software that is used in social care and education management services. We need the right individual to boost this team and contribute to our expansion plans.
Our applications are web-based workflow solutions that include mobile apps and customer portals. They provide modern and intuitive user interfaces to support critical processes for both social care and education professionals and the general public. The successful candidate will play a vital role in low level verification and testing of solutions in a service area that is comparatively advanced in its use of technology.
Liquidlogic is a successful and growing company and this post is part of a broader expansion of personnel.
Location - The role is based at the company’s headquarters in beautiful offices and gardens in a converted manor house in the rural outskirts of Leeds.
- Take ownership of the design and implementation of the performance test framework.
- Analyse and understand the performance requirements.
- Design and implement performance test scripts, ensure they provide the appropriate level of test coverage.
- Creation of test metrics and statistics for the solutions under test.
- Ensuring appropriate performance NFRs are set, monitored, and reported.
- Validate and test at a technical level, understanding database, browser, and network technology.
- Use QA tools to track and manage resolution.
- Fully endorse iterative development and have dependable delivery skills in a fast-moving environment focused on rapid iteration and regular product updates.
- Help shape the product directions by participation in product design reviews and provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential issues.
- Understand and participate in the software development lifecycle and the release management processes.
- Keep up to date and review available performance test tools and their appropriate usage to ensure frameworks stay current.
- Automation and Performance Test Environment maintenance.
You will be an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated non-functional tester, with a desire to maintain the highest quality, performance and security standards. In additional you will possess these essential skills:
- Experience in developing bespoke performance frameworks, primarily in tools such as JMeter or Loadrunner.
- Strong coding experience to support the creation and maintenance of performance test frameworks.
- Non-Functional testing experience such as Soak, Load, Volumetric, Stress and Capacity.
- Exposure to, or willingness to develop, Test Automation Skills using Selenium/Java.
- Strong database knowledge and SQL skills- preferably SQL Server.
- Good understanding of database transactional behaviour.
- Sound understanding of network communication and protocols: e.g. HTTP, TLS, SOAP.
- Ability to recognise, analyse and solve issues.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Ability to work well under pressure with a flexible team player approach.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
The following skills are also advantageous:
- Knowledge of server side and front-end performance measurement, metrics, strong analytic skills and experience with performance and stress testing.
- SSIS / SSRS skills.
- ISEB/ISTQB related qualification advantageous.
- Experience of using Liquidlogic’s products.
- Experience of testing/developing in an Agile development environment.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org