Up to 12 months fixed term
The operations team are responsible for the ongoing support and maintenance of all live systems and with the growth of cloud based systems and technologies are looking to recruit a number of operations SRE roles to help maintain and support existing and future systems.
Working closely with SRE and operations teams to ensure that new products are handed over from development/operations in a controlled manner with full documentation, training, and tooling/automation to ensure products remain available ad fully functional at all times. Responsibilities will then include maintaining and monitoring systems and suggesting improvements and changes to the development and SRE teams to improve the quality of product and customer deliverables as well as identify opportunities for savings.
Additionally, and again working closely with existing SRE teams the operations SRE team will assist with the automation and incremental improvements to existing and legacy products again identifying requirements to improve solution delivery and profitability.
The role will suit someone who approaches problems in a structured way and looks to automate or script solutions to problems and identify opportunities to fix problems rather than symptoms , as such strong problem solving and scripting skills are a must as well as a desire to quickly learn new technologies and platforms.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deployment, support and ongoing maintenance of cloud product sets (24x7)
- Identifying and proposing solutions to existing problems and inefficiencies with existing and new products and processes.
- Maintenance of existing automation configuration and tools, working closely with SRE team on new opportunities for automation and improvement.
- Extension and improvement to monitoring tools and platforms used within the operations teams
- Provision of help, advice and support to other members of the team and company
- Adherence to Company and Team policies and working practices.
- May be required to work at other Company Sites, Customer sites or Datacentres as required
- To work as part of the team as well as being self-motivated and self-sufficient • Eventual Participation in a 24x7 On Call Rota
Skills and experience
Candidates should have experience and ideally qualifications in all or many of the following areas –
- Good understanding of the SystemC product sets and technologies
- Strong scripting and coding skills in .NET and PowerShell
- Experience of working within Devops teams
- Strong security awareness, experience of designing, deploying and maintaining cloud and on-premise products in a secure manner.
- Microsoft Azure experience
- Experience in CI/CD tools, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity/Jenkins/Azure Devops or similar
- Good customer service skills, and the ability to represent SystemC at customer locations
- Strong documentation and verbal skills
- Good organizational skills to meet agreed workload timescales, as well as working under pressure
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- ITIL knowledge, principles and application
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com