Mid Level Developer (Web framework and application development)
System C developers impact millions of people every day through our range of healthcare software systems. Used extensively throughout the NHS, you might be wondering why you have never heard of us – we pay far more attention to our software delivering value than shouting about our latest contracts.
We are looking for a forward-thinking developer. We need you to engage, delight and excite us with your mastery of code and willingness to help us develop quality solutions.
We listen and adapt - Agile is a progressive movement in our organisation and we are constantly learning from the wider community and from each other. Our teams are increasingly cross functional – you will need to design, develop, debug, investigate and question. We learn as we go and provide training to keep all our skills current and relevant.
As we move forward with our cloud first strategy we are building and supporting an increasing number of web apps using a web platform that provides a common security approach, a uniform look and feel and a range of common visual elements.
As a Developer you will be working within an Agile team alongside fellow developers in creating and updating our Web App framework, working on the full stack from the Vuetify/Vue front end to the NodeJS backend. You will also be working to create applications based on this framework that are actively used by NHS trusts.
With the rest of the team, you will take part in the regular Agile meetings to discuss and interpret requirements, consider how new technologies can improve our products, and plan upcoming work and create releases.
Additionally, you will help teams learn and troubleshoot as they build apps using the framework, assist with build pipeline automation and contribute to the support of live systems, investigating and fixing issues.
Experience and Skills:
Whilst it is accepted that the individual education and experience profile for Developers will vary, the following is provided as a guideline:
- BSC or equivalent in a software engineering discipline.
- Professional qualifications appropriate to software engineering roles.
- 1+ years Experience building elegant front-ends using frameworks such as Vue/React/Angular.
- Excellent coding skills in a variety of modern software languages.
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Good understanding of creating and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Good communication skills.
- Good understanding of principles and practices for delivering quality software.
- Knowledge and experience of Azure/AWS/Google cloud technologies and services, such as App Services/EC3, Blob Storage/S3, KeyVault, Event platforms.
- Previously developed enterprise scale, multi-user, systems.
- Unit testing skills using tools and techniques such as TDD.
- Working with UI/UX teams.
- Healthcare and clinical systems.
- Practical experience of working in an agile development environment.
- Experience in C#.
- Use of Jira to manage backlogs.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, tools and technologies.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org