A new opportunity has arisen in the legal team to support System C Healthcare Ltd (“System C”) and its subsidiaries (“the Group”) in their contracting activities with their customers and suppliers and to assist the Group’s General Counsel with a range of corporate affairs.
The role will be based in Stratford with periodic travel and out of hours work required. There is flexibility available for home working.
- Assist with and take the lead on customer contract formation working closely with sales and bid management teams for System C;
- Advise System C on contract management (i.e. performance against the contract from initial signature to expiry or early termination);
- Assist and lead on or support the negotiation and drafting of contract amendments (CCNs);
- Support others in the commercial, sales and bid management teams as appropriate for example on procurement matters, contract issues, renewals (term extensions) and contract administration
Business partner contracting
- Assist and lead on business partner contracting
Corporate legal support
To assist the General Counsel as required with the Group’s corporate activities which could include:
- Corporate governance
- Intellectual property
- Employment affairs
- General corporate affairs
- Property matters
- Provide support and guidance with retention and licensing of IP;
- Provide support and guidance for purchasing activities within the Group;
- Provide training and support to the System C sales and bid team on matters such as procurement;
- Provide support to System C’s DPO;
- Work closely with the finance team to support the contracting process;
- Assist the Group’s General Counsel.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Knowledge / Experience:
This role requires the holder to possess a degree and to hold a legal professional qualification, ideally as a solicitor. Experience in dealing with contracting or other matters in the IT field (particularly licensing arrangements, data protection /IG in healthcare IT or related fields). Some knowledge of public sector framework agreements and the formation of call off contracts would be helpful but not essential. The role requires experience in corporate legal affairs. Some knowledge and experience in commercial bidding, tendering, negotiation and sales skills would be very helpful. Experience in employment and property is desirable but not essential.
- Strong academic record at school and university in whatever courses taken
- Writing ability – precise, succinct, simple but not oversimplified
- Attention to detail
- Negotiation ability – comfortable carrying the flag for System C in contract negotiations with public sector customers who may be represented by experienced procurement advisers and/or IT-savvy lawyers
- Demonstrated interest in legal and contract matters
- Demonstrated interest in healthcare and/or information technology
- People skills – e.g. teamwork; helping others achieve their goals; getting results from others; negotiation skills etc.
- Strong organisation skills; ability to project manage contract negotiations
- Time management and ability to set and adjust priorities and work to tight deadlines
- PC skills – MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, DocuSign and Sharepoint.
- NHS and/or local government experience
- Public sector non-NHS experience
- UK public procurement law knowledge – legal and practical
- Large corporation experience
Communications and working relationships
- Significant relationships both within System C (at all levels) and across other operating business units operating within the Group
- Manage and maintain strong customer relationships at senior level
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with corporate advisors
- Relationships with other vendors /partners and suppliers
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com