Lead QA (Careflow Vitals)
Part of a team dedicated to ensuring the quality of software meets functional requirements and standards, also actively involved in team design and planning activities. The lead QA will be required to assist in the development and execution of test plans, contributing to maintenance of test materials and completing reports on test outcomes, as well as mentoring other QA Analysts and senior QA. You will operate as part of an Agile Team delivering Agile testing in close collaboration with colleagues within that team, but will also contribute to integration test activities as required by the broader QA function. You will be responsible for managing multiple teams and picking up line management for the resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and execution of test cases and workflow scenarios, recording outcome of tests, escalation of defects and identified opportunities for product improvement
- Collaborating with other software testers and implementation staff to facilitate the testing of System C (and where required, third party) software
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure software solutions meet specified quality and acceptance criteria
- Mentor, train and develop test analysts to improve test practices and processes, leading by example, both within the agile team and in the wider organisation
- Creation and maintenance of suitable test environments for all software testing to take place. This includes the set-up of the software being tested and populating or configuring test data. This may extend to testing of interaction with devices e.g. printers, bar coding, dictation devices, medical devices
- Testing of interfaces and integration with other modules, products or interface test harnesses
- Working with Cloud hosted environments
- Perform static testing and impact assessment of Design and Change Request documentation
- Review and contribute to software specification/requirements and acceptance criteria and derive tests accordingly
- Assist with the population and maintenance of automated testing
- Working with the POs to manage prioritise and backlog for automated testing.
- Acts as key stakeholder for performance testing and creation of automated tests
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of the STLC and work collaboratively with other development stakeholders to align processes and improvements
- Assist the Support team in investigating and resolving problems with software
- Produce training materials to educate QA team members on how to use required tools and follow processes correctly.
- Assist with recruiting new QA team members
- Act as a QA stakeholder in relevant CAB sessions to ensure that company tooling supports test processes and requirements
- Champion quality across the business by ensuring that best practice is followed, and that testing is considered at all stages in the development and release process.
- Lead on documenting the QA coverage of the product, help identify gaps and areas of improvement
- Other Duties – as required by the Company from time to time
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working with other Software Testers and QA analysts in an agile software development environment
- Ability to organise, co-ordinate and prioritise personal and team day to day workload.
- Ability to coach junior members of the team and positively influence fellow team members
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions.
- Understanding of software testing techniques and QA processes
- ISEB Foundation/ISTQB qualification in Software Testing
- Experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving software quality issues
- Experience developing test cases
- Ability to work in a structured environment e.g. with defined test cases and an aptitude to think more widely about the context of such work and broader interdependencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience of using Microsoft technologies, MS Office applications, email and word processing
- Experience using a professional Test Management system e.g. Quality Centre, Quality Manager, Jira
- Experience of testing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Postman, Swagger, or similar API testing and documentation tools
- Methodical and thorough approach to problem solving
- Oversee the production of test documents and the creation of test procedures
- Knowledge of the end to end software development life cycle
- Exposure to healthcare/clinical software in an NHS hospital environment (e.g. Clinical Noting Tools,
- Order Communication tools, Inpatients, Outpatients, Waiting Lists, Theatres, clinical applications, integrated systems and understanding of data flows across systems etc.)
- Exposure to automated testing tools, e.g. Selenium
- Experience in a Lead QA, coaching other QA Analysts
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com