Lead Developer (Web framework and application development)
System C developers impact millions of people every day through our range of healthcare software systems. Used extensively throughout the NHS, you might be wondering why you have never heard of us – we pay far more attention to our software delivering value than shouting about our latest contracts.
We are looking for a forward-thinking developer. We need you to engage, delight and excite us with your mastery of code and willingness to help us develop quality solutions.
We listen and adapt - Agile is a progressive movement in our organisation and we are constantly learning from the wider community and from each other. Our teams are increasingly cross functional – you will need to design, develop, debug, investigate and question. We learn as we go and provide training to keep all our skills current and relevant.
As we move forward with our cloud first strategy we are building and supporting an increasing number of web apps using a web platform that provides a common security approach, a uniform look and feel and a range of common visual elements.
As a Lead Developer you will have a key role in designing and developing the platform, guiding and steering your team to delivering relevant technical solutions based on good software engineering principles, best practices and your knowledge and experience.
Leading an Agile team and working alongside fellow developers you will be creating and updating our web platform, utilising the full stack from the Vuetify/Vue front end to the NodeJS backend. You will steer creations of applications based on this framework that are actively used by NHS trusts.
You will collaborate with the System, Enterprise and Software Architects, you will help establish the technical vision for your area, create workable plans for each delivery increment and work with the rest of the team to turn it into reality.
Engaging with the wider organisation, you will help teams learn and troubleshoot as they build apps using the platform, inform and assist the deployment teams with build pipeline automation and contribute to the support of live systems, investigating and fixing issues.
Along the way, you will challenge your team to do better by motivating them to deliver high quality code that is bug free, effective, robust and performant.
Experience and Skills:
Whilst it is accepted that the individual education and experience profile for Developers will vary, the following is provided as a guideline:
- BSC or equivalent in a software engineering discipline. Professional qualifications appropriate to software engineering roles.
- Experience of managing, mentoring, influencing or leading Software Engineers
- Significant experience in C#.
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Full understanding of creating and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Excellent coding skills in a variety of modern software languages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of principles and practices for delivering quality software.
- Knowledge and experience of Azure/AWS/Google cloud technologies and services, such as App Services/EC3, Blob Storage/S3, KeyVault, Event platforms.
- Team leadership experience
- Previously developed enterprise scale, multi-user, systems.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, tools and technologies.
- Unit testing skills using tools and techniques such as TDD.
- Working with UI/UX teams.
- Healthcare and clinical systems.
- Practical experience of working in an agile development environment. Use of Jira to manage backlogs.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com