Junior Technical Consultant
Technical Implementation Manager
The Technical Operations Team are responsible for the design, installation, and support for all hardware & software to internal and external customers of System C, this includes Operating Systems, Databases and Applications.
The Junior Technical Consultant will work alongside specialists within the Tech Ops Team and will be trained in all aspects of the team’s work. although much of the work will be performed remotely there will be occasions when you will need to attend a System C office, customer site, or one of the datacentres - this will include occasional out of hours (paid) work.
The successful candidate will be provided with on-the-job & industry training for all supported hardware, operating systems, databases\applications - however they should be able to demonstrate a good understanding of computing systems and Windows operating systems.
- Contribute to and help deliver Technical Projects (Internal and External) to support the companies software solutions, this will be alongside an experienced team member.
- Deploy Technical Infrastructure to support both Managed & Hosted services.
- Maintain & Update Technical Documentation
- To work as part of the team as well as being self-motivated and self sufficient
- Adhere to company and team policies as well as working practices.
- May be required to work at other Company Sites, Customer sites or Data centres as required
- Potential participation in a 24x7 On Call Rota in the future (Paid Extra)
As the position is for an entry level role it is expected that duties will expand over time to match experience, most of the initial work will be performed alongside a mentor before moving to a more independent role as experience and skills develop.
Skills and Experience:
A background and interest in computing is essential along with good written and oral presentation skills, ideally the candidate will have had some experience or exposure to Microsoft Operating systems.
Candidates should have experience or an understanding in some of the following areas.
- Server Operating Systems
- Network Concepts
The candidate should demonstrate.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good Written and Oral Presentation Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A desire to learn and progress in the role and within System C.
- A commitment to earning industry certifications, supported by System C.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com