Junior SQL Developer
Agile SQL Team Leader
The Junior Agile SQL Developer will work alongside our multi-skilled Agile Development teams while also receiving training and guidance from the Agile SQL Team Leader and other members of the Agile SQL Team.
After a period of onboarding and training the post holder will become more involved in the design and development of databases as well as assisting in the assessment and implementation of new database technologies.
In addition, the post holder will start to take on responsibility’s for providing technical support to ensure the effective and efficient running of databases in all environments.
The post holder will perform a critical role going forward in the ongoing development of our core products by providing expertise on the back-end data tier which includes the efficient access and storage of application data. This includes schema design, stored procedure development and tuning, knowledge of storage patterns and helping to guide the development teams on best practices for managing application data.
It is of utmost importance that all database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The post holder is challenged to work with the design and development teams to help develop 'world class' products that meet the company's current and future business objectives.
Working within the Healthcare IT industry, we need to maintain fully operational systems on a permanent basis. With this in mind, our teams are required to develop highly secure, performant and robust systems.
Skills & Experience:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good database development skills
- Understanding of data architecture theory
- An appreciation of database security
- Good Understanding of Relational Databases
- Working Knowledge of ETL tools (SSIS or Azure Data Factory)
- Exposure to SQL Server 2014 onwards (desirable)
- Good understanding of C# (desirable)
- Working Knowledge of tools within the Microsoft BI Stack (desirable)
- Knowledge of document database technologies (desirable)
- A good working knowledge and practical understanding of SQL, including optimisation strategies, development, and data architecture best practices.
- Experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in investigating and resolving issues
- Person Specification
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Must be self-motivated and have a keen attention to detail
- Strong logical and analytical thinker
- Strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org