Main job responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with customers to agree installation of new software and upgrade to existing applications and will be responsible for the preparation and documentation as well as performing the upgrade to a high standard.
This may involve performing backups and restores in SQL Server as well as running upgrade scripts and resolving any errors which may occur during the upgrade process. Liquidlogic’s applications are installed on Windows servers and all support and maintenance is performed remotely via various VPN methods.
The successful candidate will also be required on occasion to investigate any issues with an environment post upgrade.
No previous technical experience is required as training will be given on the job although previous experience may help, however the successful candidate must be:-
- Willing to learn
- Good at following instruction
- Have an eye for detail
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team or alone
- Computer literate
- To represent the company appropriately at all times
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressured environment
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a timely manner
- Experience with Windows servers, networks, firewalls and certificates as well as SQL Server would be helpful but not mandatory as full on the job training will be provided.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the HR Department on 01622 767466 for more information.