Information & Reporting Specialist
Purpose of the role
This is an exciting opportunity to come and join the leading UK Health and Social Care Solutions Company.
We are looking for an Information and Reporting Specialists to join our Data, Reporting & Analytics team. The role is to work with both internal System C and client project teams to support a range of activities across Design, Development, Testing and successful implementation of the or solutions in line with the client’s business needs.
Information and Reporting Specialists may have specialised skills in particular areas but would also be expected to display a broad understanding of issues surrounding the capture, dissemination and analysis of healthcare data as defined in the NHS Data Dictionary. The role would be suited to someone with an NHS Informatics background who understands the statutory, management and clinical reporting needs of the NHS. Ideally someone who has also been through the process of replacing a PAS/EPR and can bring that experience to the team.
There is a wide range of competences within the role hence the list below is indicative not exhaustive.
- Assume responsibility on projects as a Subject Matter Expert in the field of NHS Informatics and associated reporting
- Carry out impact analyses against changing reporting requirements – including those mandated by ISN’s – and advise on changes required to ensure compliance
- Work with clients to determine information requirements and to validate requirements against statutory obligations
- Support and advise teams in other areas of a project, e.g. Data Migration, Configuration, of impacts to reporting across work areas and design workaround solutions if appropriate
- Perform gap analysis work to assess suitability of reporting solutions and identify areas of deficiency
- Develop reporting designs to meet client requirements and validate reports built from designs
- Develop routines to process and present NHS data into appropriate structures to enable rapid development of NHS reports using local reporting tools
- Document scenarios to drive report testing cycles
- Design detailed test data to drive report testing cycles
- Work with the System C Support desk to help triage and understand issues raised by customers. To work with the customer to understand the issue and write success criteria to assist testing any code changes
- Fully conversant with health care informatics
- Fully conversant with the NHS Data Dictionary and its application to report design and ISN impact assessment
- Knowledge of the production of statutory returns, CDS and other national datasets
- Solid knowledge of hospital EPR and Clinical systems, with experience of a variety of systems desirable (e.g. System C Medway)
- Knowledge and experience of database design and report development (e.g. Microsoft’s SSIS, SSRS and PowerBI) would be an advantage
- Must also have experience of data analysis techniques using tools such as SQL, MS Excel and visualisation tools like PowerBI
- Experience of dealing with end users and technical support teams.
- Extensive working experience gained within a hospital information department
- Willingness to travel and stay away from home
- Strong consultancy and client facing skills
- Ability to work within project constraints to ensure that milestones and delivery dates are met
- Able to plan and implement scenarios to test reporting systems against statutory and operational requirements
- Skilled in the development and design of reports and reporting systems for end users, using reporting software such as Microsoft SQL Report Builder, Reporting Services and PowerBI
- Knowledge of cloud-based analytics solutions such as Microsoft Azure
- Database skills (SQL Server essential) to include:
- Developing data retrieval routines using SQL queries
- Creating and amending SQL views, functions and procedures.
- Developing and refining data extract, transformation and load routines
- Additional skills in any of the following areas, whilst not essential, would be desirable:
- Data Migration
- Systems implementation
- Change/project management
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org