Information & Reporting Specialist
Head of Business Intelligence
Purpose of the role
Information and Reporting Specialists work with both internal System C and client project teams to support a range of activities across Design, Development and Testing, Business Process analysis and change, Training and Support activities enabling successful implementation of the products/solutions in line with the client’s business needs.
Information and Reporting Specialists may have specialised skills in particular areas but would also be expected to display a broad understanding of issues surrounding the capture, dissemination and analysis of healthcare data as defined in the NHS Data Dictionary.
There is a wide range of competences within the role hence the list below is indicative not exhaustive.
- Assume responsibility on projects as a Subject Matter Expert in the field of NHS Informatics and associated reporting
- Carry out impact analyses against changing reporting requirements – including those mandated by ISN’s – and advise on changes required to ensure compliance
- Work with clients to determine information requirements and to validate requirements against statutory obligations
- Support and advise teams in other areas of a project, e.g. Data Migration, Configuration, of impacts to reporting across work areas and design workaround solutions if appropriate
- Perform gap analysis work to assess suitability of reporting solutions and identify areas of deficiency
- Develop reporting designs to meet client requirements and validate reports built from designs
- Develop routines to process and present NHS data into appropriate structures to enable rapid development of NHS reports using local reporting tools
- Document scenarios to drive report testing cycles
- Design detailed test data to drive report testing cycles
- Work with the System C Support desk to help triage and understand issues raised by customers. To work with the customer to understand the issue and write success criteria to assist testing any code changes
- Help develop Benefits assessments and measurements
- Work closely with the Benefits Realisation Team to help analyse and calculate benefits that our products and workflows will realise for customers, both monetary and time saving
- Fully conversant with health care informatics
- Fully conversant with the NHS Data Dictionary and its application to report design and ISN impact assessment
- Knowledge of the production of statutory returns, CDS and other national datasets
- Solid knowledge of hospital EPR and Clinical systems, with experience of a variety of systems desirable (e.g. System C Medway)
- Knowledge and experience of database design and report development (e.g. Microsoft’s SSIS, SSRS and PowerBI) would be an advantage
- Must also have experience of data analysis techniques using tools such as SQL, MS Excel and visualisation tools like PowerBI
- Experience of dealing with end users and technical support teams desirable.
- Extensive working experience gained within a hospital information department
- Willingness to travel and stay away from home
- Strong consultancy and client facing skills
- Ability to work within project constraints to ensure that milestones and delivery dates are met
- Able to plan and implement scenarios to test reporting systems against statutory and operational requirements
- Skilled in the development and design of reports and reporting systems for end users, using reporting software such as Microsoft SQL Report Builder, Reporting Services and PowerBI
- Knowledge of cloud-based analytics solutions such as Microsoft Azure
- Database skills (SQL Server essential) to include:
o Developing data retrieval routines using SQL queries
o Creating and amending SQL views, functions and procedures.
o Developing and refining data extract, transformation and load routines
- Additional skills in any of the following areas, whilst not essential, would be desirable:
o Data Migration
o Systems implementation
o Change/project management
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com