Healthcare Solution Specialist
Home Based (significant travel to client sites).
The Healthcare Solution Specialist works as part of the Sales Support team, to assist with Business Development and Marketing activities. It provides a dedicated and professional solution knowledge base, together with deployment and domain expertise. Healthcare Solution Specialists will be significantly client facing, possessing well-honed presentation and communication skills, in addition to subject matter expertise.
The role will encompass developing and delivering highly professional solution demonstrations and presentations, managing workshops, interpreting and crafting responses to customer requirements e.g., Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, OBS documents, etc. Another key component of this role involves working as part of the Sales team, building early relationships with potential clients, assessing their needs and managing effective communication both externally and internally.
In addition, the Healthcare Solution Specialist's knowledge and expertise will also assist with the development of Sales and Marketing strategies, together with specific associated tasks, for example, assistance with the Marketing aspects of Healthcare trade shows, conference preparation, etc.
Healthcare Solution Specialist’s will develop and maintain an expert knowledge of the System C and Graphnet Care Alliance’s core applications, to a level that will allow them to demonstrate solutions confidently and persuasively, to existing and potential customers. It is also necessary to possess deployment expertise and ensure that any developments in this process are understood and can be communicated appropriately.
Direct Sales Support
- Plan, prepare and deliver demonstrations and presentations in response to market opportunities, client and internal requirements.
- Work as part of teams involved with client engagement activities, in order to build relationships, maximise sales opportunities and propagate with the client our standing as the premier Health and Social Care IT systems provider.
- Prepare demonstration materials including data, application configuration, documentation, etc., in order to deliver scripted and unscripted demonstrations/functional workshops. Ensure demonstration scripts aim to maximise scoring in assessed events, whilst retaining relevance to operational workflow.
- Set up and manage rehearsals as necessary and ensure the demonstration delivery is professional and presents a strong, compelling sales narrative.
- Maintain a demonstration event schedule and publicise as appropriate.
- Manage expectations of sales personnel over feasibility/credibility of delivering desired demonstration content (the art of what is possible).
- Review and assess client requirements e.g., OBS documents and advise on solution fit/gaps, proposing third party solution options where necessary to meet requirements.
- Involve other functional, technical and development personnel in the development of an outline solution with clear understanding of how the different components will combine to support a coherent workflow.
- Construct responses to OBS and other client requirements as part of bids for sales. Deal with queries regarding functional content and liaise/negotiate with other parties (prime and sub-contractors) to ensure optimal responses are achieved.
- Create presentations and video materials for sales/marketing activities.
- Participate in exhibitions and other promotional activities.
- Provide product and ‘sales pitch’ expertise, for a variety of sales/marketing activities.
- Test software to be used for demonstrations. Track the progress of software developments needed for successful demonstration of requirements, escalating as necessary where priority developments are needed.
• In conjunction with Support, Technical, Deployment and QA personnel, ensure updates to and maintenance of, demonstration environments.
- Where necessary, liaise with Deployment, Systems Design and Development teams, with regards to functional gaps and software development requirements, needed for demonstrations (this may involve production of user specifications used as part of the systems design and development process).
- Maintain an awareness of the key deployment steps for any given module. Participate in activities to evaluate and update the deployment methods.
- Participate in deployment support activities from time to time, these may include but are not limited to:
- Authoring user, deployment or training documentation.
- Support for process workshops.
- Assisting with the creation and population of deployment tools.
- Participating in “resolver” group discussions.
- Floor walking in support of live deployments.
- Solid career background in the NHS or Private Healthcare with a thorough understanding of the operational workflows and procedures within the different departments.
- Understanding the use of both clinical and administrative functionality in patient care workflows and information requirements.
- A successful and proven track record in working to tight deadlines in a busy challenging environment.
- Preparation and delivery of product demonstrations and general presentations.
- At least 5 years Product Specialist experience OR the equivalent (post registration) Clinician experience.
- Planning, preparation and delivery of functional workshops.
- Understanding of the importance of the data collection and reporting required by central government to record NHS activity.
- Hold a current qualification with a professional body (e.g.NMC).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant NHS service.
- Evidence of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) for relevant professional qualifications.
- Deployment of acute EPR and/or clinical departmental applications in the NHS.
- Preparation of OBS requirements or responses.
- Evaluation of OBS responses.
- Sales experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills both orally and in writing.
- Ability to cope under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- A good general understanding and knowledge of IT.
- Capability and desire to develop technical knowledge and apply within a complex customer environment.
- Ability to organise and co-ordinate areas of work for yourself and others.
- Ability to influence, organise and plan.
- Personable and enthusiastic.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to maintain clinical skills, qualifications and competency.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com