Graduate Software Developer (SDET)
Work in an Agile Development Team, with responsibility for assuring the quality of software by developing technical solutions to help test our products. The Graduate SDET is involved in every step of the software development process and, in doing so, will:
- Learn about software design, development, and testing.
- Become a skilled professional in development as well as gaining testing knowledge.
- Gain experience in test automation tools
The role will require the graduate to gain the skills and knowledge needed to:
- Develop new and existing QA test frameworks that cover functional, performance and load testing
- Conduct performance and automation testing, including the generation of test data
- Understand System C’s products, guidelines and requirements
- Produce robust test cases to ensure bug free releases
Graduate Software Developer in Test will:
- Assist in performing Test Automation and setting up test frameworks for different application platforms including Web, Mobile, and Desktop
- Where required, investigate customer problems escalated to 3rd and 4th line support
- Create and manage bug reports, feeding into the agile development team.
- Build system level test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Support the troubleshooting of issues with System C’s products, platforms and microservice APIs.
- Support the setup, maintenance, and operation of test automation frameworks.
- Take responsibility for assigned quality tasks during team sprint cycle.
- Analyse and communicate test results and defect tracking.
- Execution of ad-hoc testing as required to meet the test plan
- Support proof of concept development activities.
- Work with the Agile team to achieve excellent levels of product quality prior to external release;
- Become a flexible member of an agile team who can perform show capability to support other roles as appropriate.
- Support and learn performance and load testing.
An enthusiastic technical graduate who is looking for the opportunity to gain a broad set of development and testing skills that will enable them to support the business to deliver good quality software. Can become a key member of an agile team who is flexible and able to perform other activities such as write technically review code and troubleshoot problems. The successful candidate will be expected, with some support, to be able to self-organise and effectively communicate both within the agile team and with other peers from the wider QA and development teams.
- University degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree
- NHS Systems or processes (Nice to have)
- Technical testing/QA experience (Nice to have)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- An inquisitive mindset with a willingness to learn
- Ability use knowledge to offer new and challenging ideas
- Smart, presentable, focused
- Some Understanding SQL queries to interrogate/update a database (Required)
- Basic understanding of XML and JSON and relevant tools (Desirable)
- The ability to step through developer demos (including an ability to read and understand code) on Developer PCs (Desirable)
- Understanding of integration hooks between modules, applications, and systems (Desirable)
- Knowledge of RESTful API’s (Desirable)
- Understanding of unit testing and ability to work through testing system logic with developers (Nice to have)
- Knowledge of NOSQL based databases. (Nice to Have)
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com